Author Topic: New to group  (Read 13098 times)

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
  • Zachary Thomas 1 year old.
    • View Profile
New to group
« on: March 18, 2005, 11:05:31 am »
Hello my name is Christi, I am a lover of big dogs and was wondering why samoyeds aren't on the list...I myself have a 72 lb sammy named Zachary and as soon as I figure out how to get his picture online I will send it in...he is a big, loveable polar bear. ;D  I have been owned by many big dogs through my life, German Shepherds, Saint Bernard/Shepherd mixes, Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, and now my Samoyed. :)  I am currently studying to become a dog obedience trainer and behavior modification, so hopefully more dogs will remain in their loving families rather then on the street or in the pound. :(

Have a wonderful day. :) :) :)

Christi
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Offline affiepoodlegirl

• Ankle Biter
  • Harry
    • View Profile
Re: New to group
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 11:28:16 am »
Welcome.  To post pictures, use the additional options (written in brown at the bottom of a new post or reply).  You can add pictures there.
Michelle
Ollie
Oakley
Harry

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 12:19:16 pm »
lets see if this works....picts of my sammy Zachary
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 12:21:09 pm »
here is another....I hope

Jen

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
Hi Christi your dog is beautiful and I have lots of respect for the direction you career is going.  Good Luck :)  Anyway regarding featured breeds on this site; as you will notice the name is a bit off, it should read giant paws only.  The breeds I am familiar with on this site fall under the "giant breed" catagory.  They are not for everyone my Great Pyrenees was 72lbs at 20weeks( if I remember correctly) Your sammy would look like a toy next to most of the breeds on this list.  It seems to be a list for giant breeds,  Newfies, Pyrs and so on.  But that's just what I have noticed.  I have been known to be wrong and I'm sure no one is going to ask you to leave I just think you won't see your breed featured here.

quote author=mgcsold link=topic=118.msg529#msg529 date=1111165531]
Hello my name is Christi, I am a lover of big dogs and was wondering why samoyeds aren't on the list...I myself have a 72 lb sammy named Zachary and as soon as I figure out how to get his picture online I will send it in...he is a big, loveable polar bear. ;D  I have been owned by many big dogs through my life, German Shepherds, Saint Bernard/Shepherd mixes, Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, and now my Samoyed. :)  I am currently studying to become a dog obedience trainer and behavior modification, so hopefully more dogs will remain in their loving families rather then on the street or in the pound. :(

Have a wonderful day. :) :) :)

Christi

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 01:54:52 pm »
yes I can see what you mean...althoug h walks in the park and such have revealed that Zachary is bigger than most Samoyeds height wise, weight throws people off...that is why the breeder gave him up...he was bigger than the standard and could not be shown...he is actually the same size as my brother in laws akita, and bigger then my friends rotti.....my parents have a samoyed that looks like a toy next to my zachary lol :) :) maybe I just have a giant samoyed lol lol lol ....anyway as long as no one objects I do want to stay...I believe that now a days it seems that everybody is going for the smaller more apartment friendly dog....and the bigger dogs are becoming less and less seen....they are also all starting to get lable as bad dogs....I know a great many big dogs that are more gentle and loving then some of the toy dogs I have met...too many poeple judge on size rather then temperment or personalilty.  So the more people out there supporting them the better...Most of these dogs are gentle giants... and people should know that....well.. ..know that I have rambled on about everything and anything I will leave you with this...I love big dogs....and giant ones too..lol

talk to you soon

Christi  PS...sorry for typing your ear off!!!lol

Offline MolosserMart.com

• Ankle Biter
  • http://www.MolosserMart.com | Big Dog Supplies
    • View Profile
    • Big Dog Custom Collars & Supplies | Free Collars to Contest Winners!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 02:19:28 pm »
HERE IS OUR HAIRY DOG, OR RAHTER MY HUSBANDS HAIRY DOG THAT I SEEM TO BE POOPER SCOOPING AFTER ALL THE TIME, HUM...WONDER WHY IM DOING IT IF ITS HIS DOG...LOL IM A SUCKER!

AND I WOULD TAKE A GIANT LARGER BREEDER OVER A SMALL DOG ANYDAY!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 02:23:37 pm by MolosserMart.com »
Regards & God Bless,
Elena Gb
~~
If God Brings Me to it he will bring me through it!
Agree to disagree.
~~
http://www.MolosserMart.com
Big Dog Custom Collars | FREE Collars to Winners.
~~
http://www.BreederWebDesign.com
Custom Affordable Website Design for Ethical Breeder

Jen

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 02:19:42 pm »
HI Christi  LOL at your reply MAYBE.....your sammy is the result of a Pyr mating with a sammy!!!!  Who would know???? ;)  Anyway,  I for one really enjoy your posts and to be honest with you I was shocked that Akita's are featured here!  I always veiwed the Akita as a mid size.  Our neighbor has 2 Akita's and Gentle Giants they are NOT! They are tiny next to a Great Pyrenees.  The Akita's owner told me she is a prisoner in her own home because they are so nasty. She has to walk with a big stick in case her dogs go after someone!!!!! She told me all her Akita's have been that way and that is the nature of the breed. Hum?.... Well gotta go pick up from school, catchya Monday!

Jen

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 03:07:07 pm »
Hi Christi,

This list is new, and, as it will be run by the opinion of the members, it will take some time to define which dogs will and will not be represented. Big Paws Only is intended for large breeds but it can be hard to exclude other breeds as they can be both bigger and harder working than some of our giant breeds.

Regardless, everyone is welcome! Including your Sammy!  He sure is a cutie!

Bear’s dad.

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 08:24:48 pm »
HI Christi  LOL at your reply MAYBE.....your sammy is the result of a Pyr mating with a sammy!!!!  Who would know???? ;)  Anyway,  I for one really enjoy your posts and to be honest with you I was shocked that Akita's are featured here!  I always veiwed the Akita as a mid size.  Our neighbor has 2 Akita's and Gentle Giants they are NOT! They are tiny next to a Great Pyrenees.  The Akita's owner told me she is a prisoner in her own home because they are so nasty. She has to walk with a big stick in case her dogs go after someone!!!!! She told me all her Akita's have been that way and that is the nature of the breed. Hum?.... Well gotta go pick up from school, catchya Monday!

Jen

hello Jen,
       I guess any dog can be mean if they aren't bred right or treated right.  But my brother in laws Akita is extremly gentle....she is wary of strangers but when told it's alright she becomes a teddy bear...she lives with 2 other dogs smaller then her, 3 cats, and a brand new baby we stayed with them for a month with our daughter and zach and she was a perfect angel.  I guess it is all in the raising...one of the Akita's jobs in Japan where it originated was protector of children...and Helen Keller thought them friendly enough that she is credited with bringing them to america after the emporer of Japan gave one to her as a gift.  Anyway...I don't mean to preach but I believe that any breed dog can become a mean dog depending on it's life....just like there are dogs that are known for being mean and then you meet one that turns out to be a complete sweetheart.... lol they are all different souls.

anyway thank you for responding to my post...and I look forward to talking more with you....I enjoy the conversation.. ..

Christi