Author Topic: Did you know that Dogs Bark?  (Read 27517 times)

lins_saving_grace

Did you know that Dogs Bark?
« on: August 07, 2006, 02:07:17 am »
Oh I'm angry again!  My neighbor showed up at my door Friday night with a 6 foot 2 by 4 to tell me that the association wants us to move our dogs fence into the back yard because the people walking by the house are afraid when Lady and Grace bark.  The same people mind you who told me it was ok when I asked if they had a problem with my dogs.   OH I WAS LIVID! 
So we argued on the porch for an hour because his mamma's boy is the friend of the kid who got bitten by the Golden and now they're all afraid for their lives.  and this 10 year old neighbor won't play in his yard because he's afraid of my dogs who (guess what) bark. 
I was so shocked and basically called them all hypocritical small minded backstabbers.  if he's not a complete idiot he got that point. 
So we got a qoute on the cost of moving the fence and are going to ask the association to pay for it.  It'll cost over $200 basically. 
I'm still mad.  That's breed discrimination .  no one's afraid of the pit bull up the road or the big mixed breed who both bark at me.  it's just irrational.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:17:52 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: Did you know that Dogs Bark?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 05:25:15 am »
I had no idea that dogs barked.  At least mine never bark except when....
-they see something on the other side of the fence no matter how far away it is
-they think they see something on the other side of the fence no matter how far away it is
-they smell something so they think there might be something on the other side of the fence no matter how far away it is
-they hear something so they think there might be something on the other side of the fence no matter how far away it is
-they imagine any of the above.

OR

-simply because it pleases them to hear their own voices. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 05:26:34 am »
I had some trouble with my neighbor not liking the fact that Rocco was always barking at him so I introduced him to the dogs and they now love him but they sometimes still bark at him.  He now shows them off to his friends and talks about how they are his buddies.  It probably won't be that easy for you but you can always try and make the dogs seem more approachable like I did.
Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 05:31:39 am »
They won't come over and make friends.  I've begged everyone to. 
My point exactly.  He said he didn't want to breed discriminate, but it's the type of dogs they are...blah blah.  and when I mentioned that the pit bull barks at me...he said "Oh I know that dog".  He contradicted himself 100 times in this conversation. 
now I'm worried that someone will go to my house while I'm at work today and take them.    ot worse....leave a post it on their collars. :) 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:00:05 am by lins_saving_grace »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 05:49:20 am »
wow, they came over with a 2x4??? that seems a bit extreme....
YES!  a 6 foot long 2 x 4!!!  And his kid (who's scared of them) was in my driveway begging the dogs to come see him.  He ran when they did.  It's like they wanted to set us up for a bad situation.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 06:05:44 am »
What a moron!...& I would DEFINTIELY & IMMEDIATLY file a police report...I'd say coming over with a 2 x 4 to confront is would be a deemed a threat by an law enforcment agency!..Also, then if anything else happens you will have this documented...I t is a good thing they don't live near us...Samson & Pippin gaurd that fence like they will kill someone...Gawd this p.o.'s me!!! >:(

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 06:12:39 am »
This makes me sooooo mad! Who do these people think they are - and coming over with a 6 ft. 2x4.... gggrrrrrrrrr!  Filing a police report for your own protection is a good idea.

Did the HOA board vote on moving your fence or is this just the independant neighborhood intimidation squad?

Oh Lin - this sucks.

I am boiling mad right now!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 06:28:09 am »
I think that if the dogs scare people then they shouldn't come in your yard.  If the kids in your neighborhood are so stupid that they will go in anyone else's yard that has any dogs then they are probably stupid enough where the neighbors should put huge fences up to block the kids from the street.  Definately file a report.  Not that bring a 2x4 would work at my house Rocco would try to take it because he loves to carry around wood and Maia would be scared because she is scared of big anything.
Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 06:36:59 am »
This makes me sooooo mad! Who do these people think they are - and coming over with a 6 ft. 2x4.... gggrrrrrrrrr!  Filing a police report for your own protection is a good idea.

Did the HOA board vote on moving your fence or is this just the independant neighborhood intimidation squad?

Oh Lin - this sucks.

I am boiling mad right now!
the HOA voted to ask us to do this (putting the girls in the backyard so they can't see them).  and if we do they will too since they can't ask us to do that without being willing to do it too. I demaded that if we do anything.  And I have a call into an attorney now. 
The guy, Todd, isn't into the whole HOA thing but because of the dog thing he knew was going to be a topic soon with the HOA he went to the meeting and was elected to come over.  it took him three weeks a a few bottles of beer (i smelled it on his breath) before he had the courage to come knock. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 06:38:52 am »
What a moron!...& I would DEFINTIELY & IMMEDIATLY file a police report...I'd say coming over with a 2 x 4 to confront is would be a deemed a threat by an law enforcment agency!..Also, then if anything else happens you will have this documented...I t is a good thing they don't live near us...Samson & Pippin gaurd that fence like they will kill someone...Gawd this p.o.'s me!!! >:(
can I file a report and not press charges and he'd never know I filed the report? 
There's a County Sheriff 2 doors down, but I don't trust that he'd be impartial.  He's got little kids.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 06:39:34 am »
Lin that is HORRIBLE.  Definitely file a police report ASAP.  No one has any right to come onto your property with a 2x4.  This guy doesn't sound all there in the head and you need to make sure that you, and your girls, are protected. 

I'm so sorry your neighbors are being sucky.  What is it with sucky neighbors?  We should just be able to put them all in a big barrel, and throw them in the ocean.  >:(

It's just plain Stupid. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 06:42:37 am »
I think that if the dogs scare people then they shouldn't come in your yard.  If the kids in your neighborhood are so stupid that they will go in anyone else's yard that has any dogs then they are probably stupid enough where the neighbors should put huge fences up to block the kids from the street.  Definately file a report.  Not that bring a 2x4 would work at my house Rocco would try to take it because he loves to carry around wood and Maia would be scared because she is scared of big anything.
:)  I knew you'd understand after your "a note on my dog" incident.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 06:46:58 am »
can I file a report and not press charges and he'd never know I filed the report? 
There's a County Sheriff 2 doors down, but I don't trust that he'd be impartial.  He's got little kids.
Not sure Lins...Call & ask but please find out...You need to cover your butt & your pupper's butts!...Let us know..k?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 06:50:29 am »
Not sure Lins...Call & ask but please find out...You need to cover your butt & your pupper's butts!...Let us know..k?
I will.  I kinda can't wait till this lawyer calls back now.  I'll ask him about the police report.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 07:01:50 am »
I will.  I kinda can't wait till this lawyer calls back now.  I'll ask him about the police report.
I hope he calls back soon but it absolutly SUCKS OUT LOUD that you had to even call a lawyer!...I just got your e-mail & answered...I don't think you have to worry too much about that as I explain in my reply to you. :)