Author Topic: cat food question - update  (Read 2824 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
cat food question - update
« on: August 10, 2006, 06:57:52 am »
I just wanted to thank everyone one more time for all the replies to my question about food.  I received the blood panel back from the vet regarding Voodoo.  The vet said that we could try and stabilize him but he can't guaranty that we can get Voodoo stabilized.  His phophorous levels and one other thing (which I can't remember) were extremely high.  The vet couldn't find anything else wrong with him and we know that the kidneys are involved.  I believe that Voodoo aspirated some food at one point that he regurgitated because he is all raspy sounding on his breathing.  Taking all this into consideration I have finally come to the conclusion that it is in Voodoo's best interest to euthanize him. By this time tomorrow my baby will no longer be able to make me laugh or annoy me.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  I attached a couple of pics of him just because I needed to do it.  Again thank you for all your help.

Kat   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Kiahpyr

Re: cat food question - update
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:04:58 am »
Kat I am so sorry! :'( It's always a hard decision to be made. Rest in peace Voodoo! My thoughts are with you.

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 07:17:49 am »
Oh honey, I am so sorry.  What a terrible decision to make.  My thoughts are with you while you are going through this.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:19:58 am »
I am so sorry that you had to make that decision.  Love on him tonight if you can.  And he will make you laugh again, someday, in a memory.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and Voodoo.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 09:34:51 am »

To you and Voodoo

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 11:07:12 am »
Aw, heck, Kat! I'm sorry! But, don't worry...Voodoo will still be out there making God (or whomever  ;)) laugh and be PO'd!

Thinkin' of ya!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 12:28:53 pm »
I'm so sorry you have to say goodbye . I'm prayin' for you both!  :'(
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 01:19:02 pm »
I am sorry you have to go through this  :'( You and Voodoo will be in my thoughts tommorow as he crosses the bridge
RIP former BPO

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »
I'm so sorry!...It is never easy...We love them all we can & still they have to leave before we are ready...Of coarse we would never be ready...Voodoo looks just like my 1st cat that my hubby & I got together...So sad!...Know that I am sending prayers of strength & peace your way.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 04:28:14 pm »
Thank you all so much.  As horrible as I feel it's nice to hear from people that understand.  When I started this thread we were still trying to figure out the best time to take him to the vet.  Michael and I both wanted to be there but I had to work this evening and he has to work tomorrow.  In the end, Michael took Voodoo to the vet this afternoon and had him PTS while I was at work.  Michael said that our vet cried a little and thanked him for staying with him.  Apparently most people won't stay and be with their pet.  Voodoo is planted under a Plumello tree in our backyard.  The part that nearly did me in this evening was when I stepped out of my truck and could smell the night blooming jasmine that my first cat, Ruger - who died from kidney failure, is planted under.  I think I am going to take that as a sign that Voodoo is happy and well.  Thank you again and I just want to say that all or your caring and concern reminded me why I love being part of this big BPO family. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 12:38:37 am »
So sorry, it's so difficult to lose a pet. We lost a cat like that too a few years back. So glad your husband stayed with him!