Do you walk with your dog everyday?

every other day?
2 (66.7%)
sometimes?
1 (33.3%)
never?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Walking  (Read 3831 times)

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
Walking
« on: June 14, 2005, 06:04:49 am »
I love to walk with my dogs first thing in the morning when
the sun is just coming up and the birds are singing.
We enjoy this time of fresh air and company with each other.
I was just wondering how often people walk their dogs.
Mine are much better behaved when they get to spend
some good energy. Plus it's a nice way to bond.
We skip rainy days and sleep in!
Thanks for your postings!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Walking
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:17:22 am »
I am so bad about walking Leo :-[  But not because I don't want the exercise or anything.  He just gets worn out pretty fast and I always feel bad for him!  After a short walk he will pant for like 2 hours and just lay there!  So, I try to take him for short walks to the mailbox or to the bus stop to the get the kids and he seems to get winded from that. 

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:25:40 am »
My 17 year old takes Merlin out 5 days a week for an early morning jog, and a very tired happy dog comes back home. Unfortunetly, Strider is the one with all of the extra energy, but he is too young for that kind of stress on his growing bones.
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 10:40:41 am »
Bear is a great walker. We do a neighborhood walk every evening and now that I am on vacation we go in the morning too before the heat comes. He loves it and seems to be a much better listener too when he is actively engaged with me on a regular basis.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 11:13:01 am »
I prefer to walk my dogs while riding my horse, call me lazy but were out there almost every morning. Well now that the heats on almost every morning.
Carolyn

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 11:19:52 am »
Carolyn, I don't call you lazy, I call you LUCKY!!!! I am greeen with envy. I tell my hubby that I MUST have big paws in the house because we can't afford any hooves!
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
I try to take my dogs to the park everyday for our walk.  I think enjoy getting out around people, I get exercise and they snooze all evening and probably all day. :P
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 06:49:02 pm »
When I lived in Seattle, Greta and Lou went to the off-leash parks and to their obedience classes and for walks around the neighborhood, even hikes on Cougar Mountain.

Now that I live in Spokane we have a back yard where they play fetch a couple of times per day.  There are a lot of irresponsible dog owners here and, frankly, every time I go out to a park where I expect it to be nice there are dogs running loose...usuall y pit bulls with young, cocky owners.  I don't want anything to happen! 

But we have a great time at the house and sometimes I take them to Riverfront Park downtown because it is populated and there is less likely to be a negative encounter.  :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 10:14:59 pm »
i take the kids around my street for pee breaks about every hour....someti mes i want to shoot myself.

other than that, a long time ago i took the both for walks every day...we would walk around the studios at lunch time so i could show off my dogs LMAO....but now im scared to walk angus too much because of his joints.  we are however, thanks to jaba, going to start going to the dog park twice a week and let them run a little.  as time goes on, hopefully we can get there every day!

the last time we went on a actual WALK was when cody and angus decided to make me fall over in the middle of a busy intersection at rush hour.  they were really good....then we started to walk across the crosswalk and they each grabbed the other ones leash and pulled me in a circle and i tripped.  not only did i turn bright red im sure, but it KILLED my back.....so i got the haltis and they are better on them, i just have to get up the courage to leave my apartment for fear of being hurt again and having to walk home! 

lol...im a granny, what can i say!  :P

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 11:26:37 pm »
Keep off the busy streets when you two are around. Hehehe....duri ng the Newf Speciality in Monterey, we drove to Carmel to let the dogs play in the ocean. Afterwards, we walked through the town looking at the beautiful homes with our Newfs. The streets are narrow and we had 3 large Newfs and a tiny Dotty walking. It was so funny to take up the entire street and then have to stop traffic everytime we needed to move out of the way.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.