Author Topic: Angus. New head shots.  (Read 7961 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Angus. New head shots.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 04:25:03 am »
Awww he gets handsomer every day! Kali's drooling over him!  (Don't tell Fumbs and Winslow)
Seems approproate as he is drooling over himself as well. :D Winslow already found out!!

mjjensen

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 04:30:20 am »
  I'm always amazed at your pictures. Maybe you could give me a few pointers on how to deal with using a flash with pictures of a black dog. I always end up with contrast problems that even Photoshop has problems with?

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 04:39:01 am »
  I'm always amazed at your pictures. Maybe you could give me a few pointers on how to deal with using a flash with pictures of a black dog. I always end up with contrast problems that even Photoshop has problems with?
I took 26 pictures yesterday evening and ended up with only 5 good ones LOL. I just take lots and lots and discard the rest. I always try to stay eye level with Angus and close to him, and take the pics during daylight or evening. I hardly ever take pictures of him inside or at night. The black fur just does not reflect light, but all the dirt, water and slim on the black fur will!!!

What kind of camera are you using?

AC

mjjensen

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 04:46:07 am »

AC
I just recently sold all my film equiptment and bought a Nikon D200. I'm still very much learning how to use it. The digital transition has been rather frustrating. Since most of my film experience was with natural light I have a real problem with using a flash properly and Duncan's black coat really exagerates my technique problems!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 05:24:46 am »

AC
I just recently sold all my film equiptment and bought a Nikon D200. I'm still very much learning how to use it. The digital transition has been rather frustrating. Since most of my film experience was with natural light I have a real problem with using a flash properly and Duncan's black coat really exagerates my technique problems!

Nikon D200! Very Nice. Try shooting in Aperture priority mode with the largest aperture setting (3.5 maybe??) and as close to natural lighting as possible (a window to the left or right). Fill the frame with the dog and you won't have to worry about the metering. I think the pics come out better if Angus is not looking directly at me. And of course focus on the eyes!!

AC

mjjensen

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 05:31:22 am »

AC

Nikon D200! Very Nice. Try shooting in Aperture priority mode with the largest aperture setting (3.5 maybe??) and as close to natural lighting as possible (a window to the left or right). Fill the frame with the dog and you won't have to worry about the metering. I think the pics come out better if Angus is not looking directly at me. And of course focus on the eyes!!

AC
Thanks AC. I'll give it a try and hopefully have some good results to post.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 06:18:26 am »
I LOVE that last one!!!  Angus looks so content in life.  :)  I swear I'm gonna get a Newf one day.