Author Topic: New Members  (Read 7724 times)

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
New Members
« on: August 12, 2006, 11:27:08 am »

Hi everyone.  Two more new members here.  Brad and Dorothy Magnus from Luseland, Saskatchewan. Canada.  We have a 18 month old male Rottweiler named Tiny.  Our female Newfoundland, Joy, is 5 months old.  Quite the combo for dogs. 
We have always had Rottweilers, the last two that we had lived till they were 11 and 13.  We are preparing Joy for her first show in October.
Nice to meet all of you.
 ;D
Note: The pic below is obviously old, this was taken not too long after we got Joy. 
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Re: New Members
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 11:57:22 am »
Hello fellow Canadian!
I'm Sandy and live in NS.  Like you, we had a Newf (Barkley) and Lab/Rottie (Sheba) combo and found that pairing works great!  Unfortunately Barkley was put to sleep in May, but we still have our beautiful girl with us.

You will love BPO! Welcome aboard!
Sandy
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 12:34:19 pm »
Welcome!
I am Mandy, living in ON and mom to 12month BEAR a newf/cane corso. Post some recent pics when you get a chance :)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 01:07:31 pm »
Hi, welcome!  Can't wait for pictures!  I have Binky, a Great Pyr, 2 Papillons, 2 cats and 2 dwarf goats.  This site is great!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 02:32:52 pm »
Welcome aboard!! I'm April owned by Kiah a great pyrenees named Kiah and a mut named Kitana. Enjoy!!

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 03:18:52 pm »
Welcome to the board!  I'm serving 2 danes and 1 pyr, Bella, Foster and Baloo.  Mozart was my foster dane but he is leaving tomorrow. 

We definatley like pics!  Post some new ones!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 03:54:00 pm »
Welcome to BPO! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. I love your pups! So cute!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

kristi

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 01:38:58 pm »
WELCOME!
I'm Kristi, & I have an 8yr. Bullmastiff named Sampson.
You will definitely enjoy yourselves here!
We do love to see pics, so when you get a chance - post away!
-k.

ps. my hubby is from Victoria, BC, & we have friends in Saskatchewan  ;)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 04:02:52 pm »
Hi and welcome.  I'm Kat and my heathens are as follows:
Cinder - 2yo Belgian Malinois
Kaila - 18mo Belgian Malinois
Shiner - 6mo Malinois x Ridgeback

This place is hopelessly addicting. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 08:19:22 am »
I missed this before.  :) 
Your little on is a munchin compared to "Tiny".  He's a good looking boy...but again I'm a little partial to Rotties. I don't know why.  <sarcasm>
I wanted a male Rottie for our second.  we ended up with 2 females...male s are hard to come by from a good breeder.  and we just decided to do 2 females in the rott breed since we had heard they were less dominate (they are prooving me wrong though) and more lovable.  :) 
what do you think...male vs female rott? 
you gotta post more pics of him. 

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 08:32:59 am »
Actually I prefer males.  He isn't bad for dominance. We had a purebred female, and she was the ruler of the house.  I am a rotti lover as well, but we wanted a change, and the newf has such a good rep.  Our dogs are babies though, wouldn't hurt a fly, maybe play with them till they die but not deliberately hurt them.  The fly that is...
Our first rotti (a male named Ripper) died at the ripe ole age of 13.  We had to put  him down, he had a stroke.  Our second rotti (a female named Tiamat, Tia) lived till she was 11.  She broke her front leg, she had bone cancer, never new it till she went to the vet to find out what was wrong with her leg, couldn't tell it was broke, she never complained, we had her put down as well. Then we got our big boy Tiny.  And after searching for a newf, we finally were lucky to have found Joy.    Wow, sorry to have went on and on here.  I have the girft of gab... ::)
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Desa, our Borzoi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:44:25 am »
Actually I prefer males.  He isn't bad for dominance. We had a purebred female, and she was the ruler of the house.  I am a rotti lover as well, but we wanted a change, and the newf has such a good rep.  Our dogs are babies though, wouldn't hurt a fly, maybe play with them till they die but not deliberately hurt them.  The fly that is...
Our first rotti (a male named Ripper) died at the ripe ole age of 13.  We had to put  him down, he had a stroke.  Our second rotti (a female named Tiamat, Tia) lived till she was 11.  She broke her front leg, she had bone cancer, never new it till she went to the vet to find out what was wrong with her leg, couldn't tell it was broke, she never complained, we had her put down as well. Then we got our big boy Tiny.  And after searching for a newf, we finally were lucky to have found Joy.    Wow, sorry to have went on and on here.  I have the girft of gab... ::)

it's ok to gab...we all do it. 
I'm thinking about taking Lady at least to the trainer.  she's developed a nice case of "i'm gonna take your head off if you get one step closer to my mamma".  She's snarling and barking angrily at people we walk by and Grace does it when Lady does it.  Lady is 2 now and going through that adolescent stage and it's scaring people.  She's a sweet dog...but this has to stop.  I've been working in the back yard with her.  Saturday night I finally let them out in the front yard alone at night and I heard Lady whimper...she knew she wasn't supposed to bark but wanted to so badly she cried. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 08:45:29 am »

it's hard to loose them, no matter how old they are.  but wow!! both of them lived a long long time for rotties! 

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 08:56:11 am »
We were very lucky to have had them for that long.  Our kids loved them so much.  We have never had an empty house as far as dogs are concerned.  I don't know what we would do if we didn't have dogs.
I didn't have the barking and growling problems with our Rotts, we had the jump up and lick the person problems.  My hubby loved to get them to great him by getting them to jump up and kiss his face. They loved doing it and he loved it too.  But not such a good thing when you get company over and the dogs do it to them.  They knew not to do it to me, but they did try.  I didn't take them to any classes either, I wish that I could of but my kids were very small and the time factor was there, never enough of it.  I also was going to breed my female but no time so she never got to have puppies. :-\
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Desa, our Borzoi

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 10:19:02 am »

I am from Ontario, Canada.
You will LOVE it here.
AS you can see, this site is very addicting.
Enjoy your stay.