Author Topic: HELP WITH MY DOG WANGUS......  (Read 10671 times)

nickerbokker

HELP WITH MY DOG WANGUS......
« on: June 15, 2005, 01:45:41 am »
people...i think we all know that i got fooled with and i do not own a mini bernard puppy.  i own a mutt. and its okay, because i love him...i think.  BUT....im curious as to what you all think he is! 

so BPO.........LE TS FIGURE OUT WHAT WANGUS REALLY IS! 

POST AWAY, THIS COULD BE INTERESTING!

please help me....angus told me today he feels like a loser becuase he doesn't know where he comes from....so its not for me people, it for the puppy....help the puppy! 

look at him!  he had cute potential when he was little...but it went somewhere and i dont know where LOL....

so what is he?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!  someone tell me!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: HELP WITH MY DOG WANGUS......
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 06:21:51 am »
Nicker
He is a St. Bernard.  8)
Im posting some pictures of Judge to compare.
 :-*
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 06:26:34 am »
I am not sure what breed but I do know he is such a cute boy. I love the marking around his eyes.  He looks like a very special boy.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 06:40:27 am »
I agree he's definitely St. Bernard. How tall is he? He just looks like he needs to finish filling out.

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 06:57:43 am »
Nicki,
He is definately a Saint!  You are going to give your poor boy a complex!  HE is BEAUTIFUL.  I think Bailey would look just like him if she didn't have a rough coat.  It makes her look fatter than she really is.  SHe is starting to be all legs, too!  I will post some new pics of her later today so you can see how gangly she is getting, also!

new2saints

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 07:02:16 am »
Nicker he looks like a saint.We cant all look alike,life would be boring then.Maybe his parents were small.Keep your chin up Angus your a stud.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 07:24:46 am »
Wow!  Angus and Judge look a lot alike actually!  I think they are all right.  Angus is a Saint.  A true, bonified, pureblood, one of a kind, gorgeous, stufmuffin alicious Saint Bernard Boy!  HE JUST NEEDS TO FILL OUT!!!! ;D  He's probably just jumping on the couch now because he figures you owe it him for talking such smack behind his back!  Don't stress.  When he catches up to those legs you're gonna have a huge guy on your hands!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 11:13:53 am »
I think he look just like all the other Saints on the postings.  Maybe since you got him when he was so little, and lost his mom at such a young age, he is just getting a slow start.  Or maybe he is supposed to be petite.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 11:38:34 am »
He's adorable. 
I tell Grace that a lot too...that she's the mini Rott because she's growing so differently than Lady did.  She's getting thick first and will get taller later I guess.  And she's not supposed to be a big Rott anyway since she was bread for show and not size. But this show litter was too big as the breeder says and yesterday the breeder saw pictures of Grace and said my God she's huge and a lot bigger than the rest of the litter is now.  And those paws...well those paws is all I have to say. 
I just tell myself they all go through those awkward phases and will be what they are when they get there. :)
just like kids...we all sprout and fill out in different ways and at different times. 
Again...he's adorable!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 11:42:24 am »
I already told you he is  a pygmy Saint!..lol...Seriou sly though, I think he is a Saint!...I think he's not growing as expected just to irritate you!

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 03:32:21 pm »
Aw, Nick!!!
He's a Saint! Everyone's right...he's probably just all gangly..it happens! (If you don't believe me, take a look at a 15 year old boy...they're WEIRD lookin!)

Don't sweat it! He'll fill out.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 04:31:48 pm »
Nicki, I think he looks like a st. as a puppy there is nothing in the world that makes him look like anything but a St. Now when he is a teenager, he has a little longer legs and not a very full body yet. But that does NOT mean he is not a ST. As an example, I used to have Danes, most of them grew kinda okay, but I had one gire (Hanna) who grew like Angus does. She was alllllll legs and no body, she went under the name "the picket fence" she had no chest, she had no mass to the body, she was just 4 very long and skinny legs. She grew soooo different from the other danes I had had, But when she was a little over 2 years old, she had filled out, she had a wonderful chest and a really good body, she never got to be as massive as some other danes, but definately good enought to even conformation show, so she was just very late and very slow in how she matured.

No matter how hard I look at Angus, all I can see is St. so you go get your sweet baby boy a big box of cookies and tell him you are sorry for ever doubting he was a St. pure as can be.........

He will be fine nicker, just give him time  :D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline momma-st

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 04:32:04 pm »
i agree he's a St Bernard..Our Maggie's very slim and when we have her shaved for summer everyone laughs and thinks she looks like a grey hound :-\

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 04:45:45 pm »
Nikkers, Wangus' Auntie Marsi thinks he is a beautiful boy!  He is just going thru that gangly "teen-age phase".  If he was human, he would be about 8 feet tall, have bad acne, size 13 shoes, a changing voice, and play a lot of Dungeons & Dragons!  He just needs to fill out a little...

And he IS a St. Bernard!   Look how similar to the pictures of all the other St. Bernards posted he is.  Now look at the picture of Ranger below.  Ranger is a St. Bernard MIX.  Wangus does not look like Ranger.  Therefore....   ;D

« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 04:47:42 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 05:50:11 pm »
Here's my saint bernard mix! He really is. I saw the mama dog. He's doing his best bloodhound impression though...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:41:36 am by doghealer »