Author Topic: noisy puppy  (Read 1165 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
noisy puppy
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:43:25 pm »
my brother and sister-in-law are getting their first puppy. They're getting it Friday, but the dog is very vocal. How do you change that?

"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: noisy puppy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:51:08 pm »
That's one cute puppy.  How old is he?  Apparently I have moved up the noisy latter with each new dog.  Kaila was more vocal than Cinder and Shiner is way more vocal than Kaila.  I started using the No Whiney commands and rewarding everytime they were quiet.  It has taken quite a while and Shiner is still really vocal but coming along.  Everytime they would get noisy, I would say No Whiney and usually they would stop to see what I wanted or was going to do then they would get a treat either me, toy, or cookie.  Now if only I could get Cinder to stop barking everytime an ant farts we'll be doing good.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: noisy puppy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »
I wish I could help you, but I can't figure out how to get Laika to quit barking, either. I swear, if she hears a fly buzzing from across the street, she starts barking. Last night the wind was blowing really hard and the neighbor's umbrella blew up against his fence and my dogs sat at the back window and barked at it for two hours straight. I thought I was losing my mind!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret