Author Topic: Looking for large dog collar?????  (Read 3190 times)

Offline RottiMommyAL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Looking for large dog collar?????
« on: June 15, 2005, 04:03:29 pm »
I have been looking all over the place.  The few pet supply stores and all over the internet.  All I have found is the same one- 30 inch collar.  The same 2 inch wide red or black studded collar.
Where does everyone else buy collars for their big dogs??  I need help! ???
Change your pets life.  Feed RAW!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for large dog collar?????
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 04:17:51 pm »
Hi RottiMommy,

I have only bought one really big stud collar since I moved here, that was for a Bullmastiff boy I had (he is now at the bridge) I guess I should check how long it is, but it is big. I bought it at the Petsmart we have here, it is a leather one quite wide and of good quality, like I said I will have to measure to see how long it is to be sure it is big enough for yours, but I would guess they have them at most petsmarts. I think I paied like 40 dollar for it. And it stayed real nice, I used saddle soap to clean it from time to time, and conditioned it with tack conditioner. But it is hard to find a lot of different things in sizes for our big babies.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 04:54:01 pm »
I have been buying all my doggie-gear from Earthdog. Their stuff is made of hemp so it's soft and doesn't seem to mess up my dogs' coats, and the leashes don't burn my hands. The designs are really cool too, not like anything I've ever seen in a pet store. The website is www.earthdog.c om. I'm not really sure how big the largest size is, does your dog really have a neck over 30 inches? Wow. That's bigger than my waist. Anyhow, they've got other cool stuff on their site too like beds, toys, medalions, and whatnot. :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 06:50:39 pm »
LOL  :P  I don't have any beasts with necks anywhere near 30".  He must really be a big, strong boy!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 11:01:59 pm »
I had a thought the other day at target.How about using a belt for a collar if the usual collars dont work plus their cheeper.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:16:10 pm »
The only place the we have been able to find things for Bear is at dog shows. We have different collars for him and they all fit super well!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.