Author Topic: 2 Good Books to Read  (Read 4229 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
2 Good Books to Read
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:19:50 am »
I just finished reading two realy good books. Though they were very different I think that all of you here on BPO would enjoy them.

1: Chester, the water-loving, pool-hopping, salad-eating, St. Bernard dog

This book had me smiling as I thought of Bear, the friends he has, and the many of you with more than one dog. There is a Newf, Pyr and a new St. puppy in the story. It is really cute. If you have kids they would love this! It even has an interactive website that allows you to  hear the dogs' voices and play games based on their characters.

2: What Wendell Wants
Or, how to tell if your're obsessed with your dog
I swear that you have to read this book. It will seriously make you bust out laughing and bugging your hubby, as I did, every time you read something that is just like you! I swear that this dog mom is like many of us here even though her dog is much smaller.

Just thought I'd share my recent reads because I found them both so entertaining. If you do read them please let me know what you think of them. ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Good Books to Read
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:44:03 pm »
I've seen that book, what Wendell Wants, and it looked good. How about Marley and Me? I think that's what it's called. Have you read that one? Is it good? Anyone?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Sadenna_And Zoo

• Gnawer
  • My husband and my animals are my life...
    • View Profile
    • My photo Bucket Album
Re: 2 Good Books to Read
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:31:26 pm »
Marley and Me is wonderful you laugh, you cry everything I enjoyed it and even my husband enjoyed it wonderful book. I have not read the other one you mentioned...
I am proud slave to:

Dolittle (7years old-Male):
Black Lab/Chow/Daschund Mix

Tibet:(6 years old -Female):
 Lhasa Apso

Maggie:(5 Month old Female):
  Black Lab/Rottweiler mix

Other Pets:

4 Cats
9 birds
3 Snakes
3 Lizards