Author Topic: You're All Invited!! South Louisiana Area  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
You're All Invited!! South Louisiana Area
« on: June 16, 2005, 12:29:11 pm »
You are all cordially invited to attend our fist annual Humane Society Dog March!! This will be held during Houma, Louisiana's Downtown on the Bayou festival on Oct. 23rd (the festival is the 22nd and 23rd) so you have lots of time to plan your trip!! The theme this year is: Hairy Pawter: Welcome to Dogwarts!! There will be prizes for biggest dog (hint, hint), best costumed dog, best theme costume, smallest dog, best overall, best group of dogs, best costumed child and more!!

For more information on the festival (which is a great festival with lots of local entertainment, crafts, demonstrations, etc.) check out: http://www.tpcg.org/eco_dev/downtown.asp

For more information on the event, e-mail me at houmahumane@yahoo.com and I'll keep you informed as plans are finalized. 100% of the proceeds will go to our local Humane Society and used for our rescue efforts.

Hope to see some of you there! I'd love to meet you and your dogs in person (or pawson!)
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

Re: You're All Invited!! South Louisiana Area
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 12:32:23 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEEE! That sounds FUN FUN FUN! Maybe Harry Pawter should be BPO's theme for the October pagent???

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 01:21:05 pm »
It's going to be a BLAST!! And October is the perfect time to visit Louisiana - especially if you're from the northern half of the country - it's still warm, but not humid (OK, not AS humid). And Houma is only an hour from New Orleans. We have the best of "bayou country" here - plantation homes, great food, swamp tours, alligators, and the friendliest, most welcoming people you can ever hope to meet!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 01:50:37 pm »
Wow! Sounds awesome, jj. Actually, I was just thinkin' yesterday how much I'd like to go to N'awleans this year. My sister-in-law was married there four years ago today! the wedding was awesome! It was in the Quarter and we all wore vintage flapper dresses! So much fun!

And, yer right, October seems like a fantastic time. I'll definitely keep it on the calendar!!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 02:01:19 pm »
Let me know if you decide to come down - I'll make sure I hook you up with all the best things to do and see!!

That wedding sounds like so much fun! Does you sister live around here or did she just get married here to do something different?

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 02:17:47 pm »
No, she's from Indiana, just like me. But, she's had sort of an obsession with N'awleans her whole life. She thinks that she lived a past life there or something! hehee! So, she and her husband have always gone there for vacation and stuff, so it just seemed like the thing to do! It was awesome! I'll have to post pictures!

I'll definitely let ya know if we decide to come! It would be so much fun!! I wonder which Harry Pawter character Cabeza would be...hmm.....

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 02:23:33 pm »
That, of course, would be "Sirius Black"!!

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 02:25:47 pm »
HOW FUNNY!

I just got on www.mugglenet. com to figure out which one, and Sirius Black is the one I came up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 02:28:10 pm »
All you would have to do is dress him in a prisoner uniform (and I'm pretty sure I've even seen dog costumes like this) and add "Azkaban" to it. that would be so perfect for Cabeza!!