Author Topic: Prayers for Tenchi please... UPDATE # 2!  (Read 17811 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for Tenchi please... UPDATE # 2!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 11:29:50 am »
I am so glad Tenchi is finally home.  Here's to hoping he is stronger everyday. :)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 02:34:17 pm »
I'm so glad he is doing well!  I've been worried about him too.  I hope he continues to do well and won't scare you (and us!) anymore like that.
Emily and the gang

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 02:48:10 pm »
I'm glad to hear that Tenchi is home.  I'm sending thoughts and hugs for you and him and your mom that both of them start feeling better soon. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 03:24:56 pm »
I'm so glad to hear that Tenchi is home once again.  I'm sure once he gets some food in him he will start pooping.  And it will probably be the most welcome poop he's ever pooped.   :)

I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  I've had to deal with psych issues in my family as well and it can be difficult times dealing with them.  I hope that she is able to work thru it and come out for the better.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 10:29:15 pm »
Tina,
Sorry for the delay, today was a day from H E double hockeysticks.  Luckily though, there's not much to report on the Tenchi front, he's doing about the same.  He hasn't thrown up and Jay said he did poop a little(as in a tiny rock size poo), so I'm guessing that is good news.  Though he has been getting some edema in his legs on and off, but the vet said to expect that since his protiens were so low.  It just freaked me out the first time I noticed it.  I also got my days mixed up, his redraw for his bloodwork is on Thursday, not Wednesday.  So I'll have a better update then hopefully. 

On a side note I was in CT for the day(again) since my mom was going to be discharged today into the rest home we found for her.  She seemed very pleased, loved the place, the people, etc.  My aunt and I helped her get settled and visited for a couple hours then left around dinner time.  I then went to visit my dad and stepmom(who live nearby) for a bit.  Then I drove my almost 2hr ride back and got home at nearly midnight.  As soon as I walk in the door, Jay tells me to call my aunt its urgent.  I find out that not 10min after I left my dad's, my mom was brought to the psych unit at the nearby hospital.  So looks like I'm going to be away for the day again tomorrow trying to get everything coordinated.  Sorry to go of tangent, it was just a very hard day.  Its hard to be your parents caregiver, especially since she's only 37.   :-[

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 10:35:19 pm »
So sorry to hear that MOM is having such difficulties,I understand wht it is like to care for your parents mine died not to long ago and they were a very long time in the going. if you know what I mean.

I hope that you can come up with some solutions especialy since she is so young.

We will keep you all in our prayers and good thoughts.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 02:41:01 am »
Oh rats, you are having rotten luck, Hope that Tenchi feels better very very soon.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 03:04:42 am »
Oh no Moni! thats such horrible news...
i am so sorry to hear about everything thats going wrong. poor tenchi. poor mommy... Awwww... poor u. Big hugs comin from up north
jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 04:34:00 am »
A big Oops!  Thanks everyone again and just to accentuate how much sleep I needed... I misstyped my mom's age.  She is only 47, not 37... wow, I really need some rest. :-[

~sleepy moni
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 05:04:15 am »
Oh, Moni, I hope you are asleep and read this after a nap!  I'm so sorry about your mom!

At least it sounds like Tenchi is holding his own!  It sounds as though the vet was prepared for the edema and wasn't surprised by it....that's good. There maybe be a couple of bumps in the road until Tenchi is back to full glory, but hopefully soon.  You need to have that dog well to help you carry the problems with your mom!!