Author Topic: Prayers for Tenchi please... UPDATE # 2!  (Read 17806 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Prayers for Tenchi please... UPDATE # 2!
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:55:07 am »
I had to leave my sweet boy is in the ER and I could really use some support right now.  As of now, it looks like he might of ate something (not sure what??) and might have severe pancreatitis.   He has about a 50/50 chance for pulling through.  

To top things off my mom has been in and out of the hospital these past couple of weeks and I've been between here and CT trying to figure things out with our family.  I honestly don't know when I can get online or when I can't, but I'll try to get someone to update you all.  

Thoughts, prayers, hugs... anything.... please.   :'(

~moni

***************Update*****************
Update-11am 8/20

I just got off the phone with the Vet.  They're going to try and give Tenchi some food and water and see how he handles it since he has had no vomiting or BMs since he's been in there(which is a good thing, since he hasn't ate or drank anything since going in). 

His red blood cells have come up a tad, but his protiens are still extremely low.  I get to call back at around 3pm to see how he's doing and to find out if he might be able to come home.

They said that he is loving on everyone who checks on him or walks him.  Though I must say that he is not at all happy being in a crate while another "might be my new best friend" dog walk by.  When I called last night I could barely hear the Vet on the phone due to the echoing ROO ROO ROOs.  At least they looked at it as a good thing that he was feeling good enough to complain! 

Thank you everyone for their thoughts, vibes, prayers and support.  I'm sure that they are what helped Tenchi pull through this far!

I'll let you all know if I find out anything more.

********************Update #2******************

Hey all, I just got in so I figured I'd update you more.
Tenchi is home now and very happy to be back!  Right after I picked him up, I had to leave him with Jay and run back down to my Mom's so I'm sorry for the delay.
Though everyone at the vets loved him, I think their eardrums are happy he's home.  lol  I'm going to be switching him over to this new place because they are all wonderful there and a lot of the Vets and Assistants have or have had Danes.

We were able to bring Tenchi home on the agreement to keep him on strict rest and leash walks only until he's totally better.  Right now they have him on some super antibiotics and something like prevacid(?) to keep his stomach settled since he couldn't stop vomiting or drooling yesterday.  It seems to be working well since he only vomited once while I was gone today and his drooling is back down to a minimum.

They sent Tenchi home with a prescription canned diet for at least 5 days.  He's to be fed tiny amounts several times a day until his body can get back on track.  Unfortunately his blood tests are still not right and he has to go back on Wednesday to get them retaken, or earlier if needed.  It seems that he had some intestinal bleeding as well and they're not sure what is causing it.  He also hasn't pooped yet today, so I'm not sure if his poops are any better or not.  So please keep your fingers crossed for the big galut and he's not totally home free yet.

Thanks for everything!  It helps keep my spirits up.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 06:08:52 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Prayers for Tenchi please...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:02:34 am »
Aw, hon, that's awful!!!  Here are some cyber hugs and prayers going out to you!
Daphne

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:03:03 am »
Oh no! :'( Sending prayers for your mom and sweet Tenchi.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:05:59 am »
Thoughts, prayers hugs, the whole boat... you've got it along with a good dose of theraputic drool from the boys!
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

SA_horses

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 09:06:26 am »
I am so sorry... :'(

Mother and I both send prayers and best wishes.

DakotaMom

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 09:08:43 am »
Prayers are coming your way from our house. We have had bouts of pancreatitis with Dakota and know how scarey it can be.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 09:11:11 am »
I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers for your Mom and sweet Tenchi.
Here is a kiss for Tenchi :-*
We all love him here on BPO.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 09:14:37 am »
My thoughts, wishes, prayers, my everything are going out for you and your boy.

Leah and the gang
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 10:18:30 am »
Moni,

I am so sorry to see this.  Tenchi is one of those that is at the top of my list of cool BPO dogs.  I also feel a special bond because he is also an epi.

Please know that we are here for you.

Hugs,
Cindy

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 10:57:57 am »
Oh, Moni, how awful!  Your plate is way too full!  Of course you have all our good wishes, cyber-hugs, prayer, Newf drool and of course,  :-* :-* :-*

Here's to Tenchi and your mom bouncing back to full speed soon!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 11:04:48 am »
Oh Moni, I'm so sorry to hear this.
I will keep Tenchi in my thoughts and prayers and hope he makes a quick recovery.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 11:06:13 am »
I had to leave my sweet boy is in the ER and I could really use some support right now.  As of now, it looks like he might of ate something (not sure what??) and might have severe pancreatitis.   He has about a 50/50 chance for pulling through.  

To top things off my mom has been in and out of the hospital these past couple of weeks and I've been between here and CT trying to figure things out with our family.  I honestly don't know when I can get online or when I can't, but I'll try to get someone to update you all.  

Thoughts, prayers, hugs... anything.... please.   :'(

~moni
Oh Moni...I am sad & worried with you...I am sending prayers for Techni & hugs & prayers for you!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 01:06:01 pm »
Thoughts, prayers, hugs... and a big wet kisses from Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 01:58:32 pm »
We're crossing our fingers and paws for him. Hopefully your next update will say that he is ok
RIP former BPO

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 02:19:17 pm »
Moni,
My heart goes out to you.
I have always thought of Tenchi (and his antics) as one of the founding dogs of BPO.
You and Tenchi will be in my thoughts and prayers.
THoM
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.