Author Topic: What kinds of toys do your Saints like?  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
What kinds of toys do your Saints like?
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:45:15 am »
Mack likes toys that make either a squeek, or a ringing noise. He loooooooves stuffed animal type toys, but he destroys them in a matter of seconds (literally) anyone have a suggestion on a stuffie toy that is tough enough to stand up to a teething saint?
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline lindar5928

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: What kinds of toys do your Saints like?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 12:56:42 pm »
My year old Saint, Barnie has a favorite toy. It is a ball that squeeks. I don't remember the brand but I can describe it. It is about 4-5 inches in diameter and has an obnoxious squeek. It has little knob like projections all over it and comes in various loud colors. When we throw it to Barney, he catches it and then runs around squeeking it in his mouth. After a minute or so,  he drops it at our feet to throw it again and the game continues. I've noticed that when no one can play with him at the time, he picks up his ball and walks around squeeking it. Hope this helps

Offline tyscrzymom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:05:23 pm »
Bubba used to tear up every stuffed toy he came across...even ones that weren't his! We started buying him the ones from walmart as they were cheaper(Like you said they only last a moment). The one that has been around the longest was one with no squeeker and no hard nose or eyeballs. It seems if there is not a hard object to chew on inside or attached he doesn't try to tear it apart to get to it. Hope this helps :)
Heather

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 01:07:48 pm »
Sometime you can get stuffies at yard sales really cheep.  It is funny mine only tear up the $10.00 toys  and not the $1.00 toys. ::)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:20:16 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:52:07 pm »
Zoey doesn't really like toys anymore  :-\

Back when she liked toys, her favorites were the kind that she could 'break the neck' of - her very favorite was the paw tracks tire on a rope. She also really liked stuffed animals, tug of war toys, plastic bottles, and squeeky chew toys.
RIP former BPO

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:21:41 pm »
Dolly like bones more than toys so she can eat them!  ;D But she likes rope toys and she loves to tear the stuffing out of stuffed animals, so we don't give her many of those. She doesn't like balls and doesn't care about squeaky toys either.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 01:48:03 am »
Teddy loves stuffys and his rope toy but he will chew anything he can steal from the kids toybox!  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 04:37:58 am »
Bubba's favorite toys are soccerballs and basketballs. He usually punctures them in the first minute or so but he plays with them anyway. When he starts to rip them apart them I throw them out and buy him new ones. Stuffed toys are demolished in seconds so if he's given one I have to keep a close eye on him to make sure he's playing with it and not eating it. ::) He also has a black kong which is the only toy he hasen't been able to rip apart and he's had it for almost a year.. then Lola got ahold of and in 2 seconds riped a chunk off with her super sharp little puppy teeth. :-\ Lola also loves Rope toys and stuffed animals. She's not shredding them yet  ;)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 06:10:06 am »
Riley is into bones. He likes to romp around the house with Sadie's stuffed animals sometimes, but he's not very into them (as opposed to Sadie, who is almost always carrying one of her babies around). He's also into sticks-he's been into them since I got him. He likes Air Dog toys a bit, but I think that's mostly because Sadie love them.

Offline lindar5928

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:45:34 pm »
My Saint, Barney is 14 months old. He really loves his squeeky ball (with knobs as described  above). He plays catch and soccer with it. He also carries around his "bunny" - a stuffed bunny that squeeks. He walks around with it in his mouth squeeking it and brings it to us to squeek it for him. So silly for a great big slobber dog! He is a beauty with a full mask but I haven't figured how to post his picture.