Author Topic: I need a new place to live  (Read 4357 times)

cricket36580

I need a new place to live
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:43:20 am »
cause hubby is going to KILL me!  I had to take April back to the vet today because it looked like one of her internal stitches had failed...It hadn't, it's just tissue reaction.  But anyway....Whil e I was there a lady came in with a beagle/lab mix that the pound haad told her they would euthanize if they took her.  She's a doll!!!  The lady couldn't do that so she brought her to my vet.  Beth (the vet) had that "caught in the headlight" look and I knew she was completely full with rescues.  So what came out of my mouth????  Yep...."load her up, I'll take her".  Cause I'm a sap.  sigh.... 

So, if you have a little bit of room and don't mind a few dozen dogs, chickens, goats, birds, kids, chinchillas, and a guinea pig...Let me know.  I swear you wouldn't even notice we were there....   ;D

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Re: I need a new place to live
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 06:46:30 am »
Haha!! Sounds like fun to me. How do you feel about Wisconsin winters?? And oh yeah, are you a drywaller, by any chance?  :D
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 06:54:00 am »
that was so nice of you!!! :)

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 07:10:52 am »
You are such a softy!  Well done on the rescue.  Might I suggest that you make your husband's favorite dish tonight or just pretend like the new guy has been there forever and that your husband has lost his mind.

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 07:38:44 am »
Aww, you're so nice!  I'm awaiting your husband's reaction so I can see what mine might do if I were to show up with a new addition!  "What difference does one more make?" is always my favorite thing to say, although it seems to be wearing thin!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 08:03:07 am »
Yeah I agree just pretend that the dog has been around forever.

What a good hearted person you are!!

Best of luck!

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 08:37:11 am »
hahahha....may be you and I can be roomies, Cricket. I took in a flat-coated retriever mix today...courte sy of my friend dober_gurl. He's awesome, but I know the BF is going to flip! hahahha!

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 02:11:28 pm »
Hmmm, maybe we can find a place together, cause I can't keep this up forever, either!  My parents still don't know Belle was returned...whe never I know they are coming over, I take her to the clinic and kennel her there  :o 

My mom doesn't know about Vincent, so when she comes over, I have to hide him too...  :P

Even though they don't pay a cent for any of the animals I take in, nor do THEY have to live with them, they still get upset when I bring them home.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:12:57 pm by eightdogs4me »
Emily and the gang

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 02:44:46 pm »
Its nice to see that I am not the only one out there risking the marriage- Hopefully the hubbys and BF's are ok and understand that you just had to do it.

Offline ozzysma

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 12:14:33 am »
maybe it can be like the new dress in the closet, " what this old thing? i have had it for ages"  when he notices the new addition be like " what? , hes been here for 6 months or so?  or maybe with so many dogs he wont notice one new addition.lol

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 02:06:36 am »
Well, I got busted right after I put this on here.  I had told a frined of mine about the dog in an attempt to find her a home and he ran into hubby.  Of course, "it" just came up in conversation.  So hubby calls me to "check in" and when I didn't mention Daisy he said "don't do that again..."   ;D  So he wasn't too angry.  He had to say something, you know.  He couldn't just ignore it...  8) 

I did notice, however, that no one has offered lodging....  ROFLMAO....

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 03:32:45 am »
What a good husband!!  And isn't that funny that there were no offers for lodging.  You can come to Omaha, but with all those critters my husband and the kids would leave and I don't make much working for non-profits and the rescue.  We would have to become undomesticated and hunt for food!!  Cosmo can catch occasion bird, but he is too agile.  We might go hungry.
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes