Author Topic: On my way to work this morning....  (Read 18780 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: On my way to work this morning....
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 07:57:40 am »
Ah you are an angel. Hope all goes well. Vinny probably just needs to adjust to regular meals. Poor boy!

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 02:35:03 pm »
Sorry, no new pictures today, but an update nonetheless. Vinnie is doing GREAT! The vet checked him today and cautiously said she didn't think he would need anymore surgeries on the ear. I really hope that is the case. When he get neutered (next Friday, not this Friday) we'll look at it closer since it is so hard for him to sit still. I'm sure his ear is still uncomfortable, but he is also wanting to kiss everyone in sight and eat everything in sight!

So, so far, so good. I really hope I can find a really good home for him now
Emily and the gang

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 05:47:25 pm »
Update for this weekend (sorry, no pictures, if I remember my camera when I do kennels tomorrow, I'll get some then!)

THE E-COLLAR IS OFF!!!! His ear looks awesome and it is looking more and more like he won't need another ear surgery after all. We took the stitches out yesterday. He's going to be neutered next Friday, so we will see how is ear looks in depth when he is knocked out.

He does so well in his cage, so far, he hasn't had not one accident in the kennel. He always waits until I put him outside in a run or leash walk him in the grass. I'm hoping to bring him home next weekend then I'll really get to evaluate him with other dogs, cats, and house training.
Emily and the gang

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:21 am »
Anyone ready for another update?

Vince is doing wonderfully.  He was neutered Friday, and I brought him home yesterday and he fits in like he's been here forever.  He is a wonderful dog-he acts like he has been a house dog before.  He likes to hang out in the crate, isn't hyper, potties outside, he is awesome!

His ear looks great, and it doesn't look like he'll need anymore surgeries.  Both ears have to be flused twice daily for a week and then we'll recheck.

Recent pictures:
Emily and the gang

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 09:56:45 am »
I am SO happy that Vince is doing so well!  Congrats on a job WELL DONE!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Kiahpyr

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 10:06:06 am »
Vince looks wonderful! I'm so happy he's recovering very well.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 10:18:32 am »
He looks so happy!!  I bet he's excited to be able to run and play with other dogs!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 10:24:35 am »
Yay! He's a good looking dog now.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 11:01:53 am »
He looks great- You guys did a remarkable job with him and doesnt he just look like the sweetest pup ever?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 11:34:27 am »
Wow! This is the first time I see this thread and, first of all let me say that it is absolutely NO coincidence that he wandered up to YOUR car. How many people would pull over and pick up up a scraggly-looking, bloody, beaten up, sad-sack dog (I mean, except all of us on this board)?

Secondly, go back to the first few pix you took of him and look at those last ones. You can tell how much better he is feeling. The poor thing looked so sad, sick, nervous and scared in the first pix and now he's beaming with happiness and gratitude. He looks like a completely different dog!!

Huge kudos to you and your family. I know when you have so many critters at home it's easy to say, "what's one more for a little while," but it really does put a strain on your "keepers" and the family - especially when the foster needs so much extra attention. You earned your wings again!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 02:28:50 pm »
Anyone want a Vinnie update?

He's doing very well!  He's up to forty pounds now and is loving life.  His ear is great, and you really can't tell there was anything wrong with just by looking at him normally.  If you touch and lift the ear, you can, though.

He is still getting along great with the other dogs and with the cats.  He'll chase the cats, but when he "catches" them, he's like "Hello!"  He doesn't even put his mouth on them, I think he just likes to see them run, lol!

When we aren't outside, he has claimed my recliner as his, so I either have to sit on the couch or at the bar.  He is getting a little spoiled here, lol!

Emily and the gang

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 02:44:24 pm »
AWWW I just read the whole thread. Vinny looks great! I really believe that everything happens for a reason and you were meant to save him. He is such a sweet heart! Congrats on doing such a wonderful job with him.  ;D And big hugs to Vinny.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:37 pm »
AWWW!! Thanks for the update! I'm so happy Vinny is doing so well!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 01:15:07 am »
I can't believe how good he looks now!...Great job! :-*

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 03:30:45 am »
The difference between the first photos and now is just amazing.  You have done such a great job in such a short time.