Author Topic: On my way to work this morning....  (Read 18688 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: On my way to work this morning....
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 05:39:06 am »
Poor baby!! I'm so happy he has found you. You are an Angel for taking him in. I believe everything happens for a reason. He is yours for taking a different route to work. Here's to a quick recovery! ((Hugs))

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 09:10:18 am »
Thanks all, I haven't been able to see him today as I'm at school all day (8:00 am to 7:30 pm -oy!) but will see him tomorrow.  I'm going to try and remember to take my camera with me and get up to date pictures so I can track his progress.

I have a feeling this fella is going to steal alot of hearts :-*
Emily and the gang

cricket36580

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 01:52:20 am »
So, it's been almost 24 whole hrs and we don't have new pics of him.  What have you been doing?  Come on now...You got to step it up girl!

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 01:14:47 pm »
So, it's been almost 24 whole hrs and we don't have new pics of him.  What have you been doing?  Come on now...You got to step it up girl!

Patience woman, patience!!  ;D

I had school yesterday, so unfortunately, I didn't get to see hime.  I did today, and he's doing very well!

Ya'll, this fella is so sweet, he just melts my heart!  His ear is doing pretty well, the outside is staying stiched, but the inside isn't as well, which was expected.  As we were cleaning and medicating his ear, he whined, but didn't offer to bite, growl, anything-he just licked my hand 

He is got some sort of appetite, which as skinny as he is, I can't blame him at all.  He thinks he's past having to eat several small meals and should have several LARGE meals, but I had to explain to him that would not be good.  I'm sure the Labby side to him doesn't help that appetite any, lol! 

So far, he has gained 2.5 pounds!  He was thirty pounds when I found him and had worms out to wazoo.  Hopefully after a good round of deworming, we've got those cleared out and he can continue to gain weight and get healthy.  We will do another fecal in two weeks to see if he needs to be dewormed anymore, but after three days of panacur and one dose of strongid T, I think he'll be alright.

Pictures from today
Emily and the gang

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 01:33:44 pm »
What great news!  How wonderful that you are there with him!  Please give him lots of love from us here in California.... and keep the pictures coming!

Offline saintbarney

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Dog Care Central
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 02:51:55 pm »
He looks so sweet! He is lucky to have found you! I'm glad he ended up in such good hands!  :-*
~Danielle~
www.dog-care-central.com
Wheels for Weebles

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 02:55:47 pm »
Another update!

Vinnie is up to 35 pounds-he's gained five pounds in less than a week! Whoo-hoo! He's still thin, but he doesn't look unhealthy thin.

He's really good about going potty outside, but he isn't too keen on the leash. He doesn't freak out on the leash, he just stops if he doesn't want to go somewhere. He may be a little iffy with other dogs (understandable!) but he doesn't seem really aggressive or anything. I think he was surprised by the one he growled at today cause he seemed fine with Abby-who was being a brat today.

Vince's ear still looks bad, but is getting better. We are in the waiting game to whether or not it is going to heal properly. The outside is looking good so far, we were expecting it to break open, but so far it hasn't. The inside did reopen and we've left it open for now to drain. The ear canal is still open, so that is good. He'll go under sometime next week and we'll close his ear up again, and neuter him-this boy is horny.... 

Hopefully that will be it on surgeries, but theres no way to tell.

Here's his sweet face from today:
Emily and the gang

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 02:57:14 pm »
Here is an overveiw shot to show how much better he looks weight wise...
Emily and the gang

Icerotti

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 02:59:15 pm »
Glad to hear he is doing much better..that is great he is gaining weight.  He looks much better. Fingers and paws crossed here for a speedy recovery.

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 08:49:10 pm »
OMG, He is just melting my heart. What a great deed you did to save him...especial ly with
EIGHT other dogs at home!

:)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:53:07 pm by krismark »

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 12:32:25 am »
What a beauty!  You are doing an amazing job with him!  Amazing what good loving, some food and tlc will do for a doggie.  He sure was led to the right car when he found you!  Thank you for loving him up....(his coat looks so healthy in that last picture!)
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 02:22:50 am »
He's looking tons better.  Way to go! 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 11:04:30 am »
Vinny threw up a couple of times today.  He doesn't seem to be feeling badly nor did he have a temperature, so I really hope its nothing serious.

He had a nausea shot and is being fasted-I really hate to have to do that to him-for today.  Hopefully its just an upset tummy and he'll be better tomorrow.  Please keep some good thoughts for him.
Emily and the gang

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 11:24:10 am »
Hugs and good thoughts rushing toward Vinny!!  He looks SOO much better: shiny coat and all!

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 06:46:27 pm »
I just realized why that last picture is so darn cute and why it reminds me of one of my boys....he's sticking out his lower lip!. I just love it when dogs pout. It is the cutest thing ever.  :-\ :-*