Author Topic: Who's dog is BIGGEST???  (Read 12669 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Who's dog is BIGGEST???
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 08:06:48 am »
Man I would love to see one of those tall Saint Bernards in person!!! The Saints I have seen have been less than 30 inches.

We need some stats on The Load. Holly, where are you? ;)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 12:07:06 pm »
LMAO! Sorry about the cake Buddy ;). But now that Imani's weight is posted Buddy doesn't have to worry, Imani has just over 15lbs on Hutch. And Fumble...well weighing in like he does at his age, he may be the King in a few short months!

It isn't unusual to have a Saint over 30 inches, especially for males. The standard is a minimum of 27 and a half inches, and of course females are a little smaller. It's funny, I have had so many people say that they didn't know Saints got that big, I know that Hutch is a big boy but as far as large males go, they get bigger.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 12:22:39 pm »
Our Saint Harley weighs in at around 185 pounds. He is extra tall for a Saint though. He should probably loose about 5 pounds.

Stacie

Offline Danegirl2208

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 12:47:55 pm »
defintaly not my 2..Chloe dosent even come close..and Malakai is 136lbs and 34" at 1 years old..hes obviously not not full grown, but im not expecting him to be more than 150-160lbs

Icerotti

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 02:12:14 pm »
We would only qualify if I added all three together ::)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 03:46:50 pm »
I measured Molly and she was 33 inches. I'm not sure how much she wieghs but I will know tomorrow, i'll get her wiehgted while she is at the groomers. I did not realize she was that tall.

Offline BrutusMummy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 08:18:00 pm »
Wow! It's amazing how varied in size our dogs can be.  Brutus is definitly not the biggest either.  At 17 months he is 135lbs-140lbs.  I'm not sure how tall he is though.  How do I measure his height?  Is it the floor to his hindquarters?  shoulder?

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 01:05:13 am »
Feste isn't the biggest weight-wise at at between 120-130 lbs, but he's probably among the tallest on the site; about 36" at the withers and about 46-48 inches at the top of his head.  He's 6'4" standing on his hind legs.
Chance has the weight to be a contender, between 150 and 160 lbs (they haven't been on the truck scales since January), but he's about a foot shorter than Feste and only 5'6" on his hind legs  :D . This pictures about a year old, they have both filled out quite a bit since than.
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:45 am »
I think Buddy is one of,(if not THE) biggest dogs on BPO.  Tenchi might be close heightwise, since he is 38" at the shoulders.  However his heaviest was only around 165 and after him being sick I believe he was down to 150 when I picked him up yesterday(poor honey  :-\).
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Lyn

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 03:58:55 am »
Wow! It's amazing how varied in size our dogs can be.  Brutus is definitly not the biggest either.  At 17 months he is 135lbs-140lbs.  I'm not sure how tall he is though.  How do I measure his height?  Is it the floor to his hindquarters?  shoulder?

It's from the shoulder.. Top of the shoulder blade to the floor.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 05:16:59 am »
Holy cow, and I thought Laika was going to get huge! Our breeder estimated that she'd top out at about 170-190 lb. Right now she's just over 80 lb...and I just discovered another downside to having a huge dog...spaying costs!!! Our vet estimated it'll cost about $415!! Ah!!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 07:06:55 am »
Drake is just a little Newf, weighing in at a meager 130 lbs.  But we prefer him that way.  If any of you remember though, we did do a "Big Paw" contest and it was a 3 way tie between Drake, Bear and Ruckus with all their paws measuring in at 4 in.  Here's a link to that thread for any interested parties  ;D:

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,5276.0.html
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 07:11:53 am »
Drake is just a little Newf, weighing in at a meager 130 lbs.  But we prefer him that way.  If any of you remember though, we did do a "Big Paw" contest and it was a 3 way tie between Drake, Bear and Ruckus with all their paws measuring in at 4 in.  Here's a link to that thread for any interested parties  ;D:

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,5276.0.html
Angus is no where close to the biggest, he's around 125 now at 15 months, BUT I think his paws have hit the 4" width!!!!! :D