Author Topic: Picture of Seamus  (Read 8523 times)

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Picture of Seamus
« on: March 23, 2005, 05:01:22 pm »
I finally figured out how to post pictures.  Here is my baby.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of Seamus
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:48:09 pm »
Was wandering how much Seamus weighs?My saint is 4 months old named Spotakiss.Good to see another  Saint owner.

Lorrie

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 06:04:19 pm »
I love seeing the photos too!  Welcome aboard!  Love the name Seamus, an Irish name for a Swiss dog.   ;D

Sampson was 60 lbs at 4 months.  He's 5 years old now.

awo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:49:50 pm »
What a great looking saint, don't you just love "the look" they give!

awo

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:43:33 pm »
I can't believe I ever got by without him.  They have the best personalities.  Seamus is so sweet natured.  He plays gently with little dogs, children, and old people.  Somehow he just knows they are sensitive.  I've never seen him be agressive in anyway.  He pretends he is tough though, barking his big deep bark at the windows.  Good thing people don't know he would just lick them to death, otherwise they'd have no problem breaking in.
He turned 10 months yesterday.  The last time we weighed him he was 110.   I always wonder if that is average or below average or what.  His father was 170, so that is what we are expecting.  He was the largest in his litter but I often here that doesn't mean anything.  His mother got scared during her delivery so he was born almost a full 24 hours before his brothers and sisters.  When we got him he was 20% larger than all of his siblings. 
Our vet said that St.'s sometimes aren't full grown until they are two.  Is that true?  Is there any chance he will be bigger than his father?  He seems to go in spurts where he will gain a lot of weight and then taper off.  I'm sure this is normal. 
He is my first St., so I love learning about them.  Any advice or interesting facts you veterans have would be greatly appreciated! 

Lorrie

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 06:36:20 pm »
The last time we weighed him he was 110.   I always wonder if that is average or below average or what.  Our vet said that St.'s sometimes aren't full grown until they are two.  Is that true?  Is there any chance he will be bigger than his father?  

Hi, Seamus is a cutie!  I remember watching Sammy grow, and I used the following growth chart for Saint Bernards to monitor his progress:

http://www.acay.com.au/~dissi/sbc/weight.htm

Yes, Saints are not full grown until about age 2 and yes, there is a good chance he will be bigger than his father, as the weight chart will show.  He can go 180+.