Author Topic: Great Pyrenees for adoption at Missouri animal shelter! also URGENT dogs!!!!!  (Read 8218 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
This sweet big boy needs a home soon. He's at the Joplin Humane Society in Missouri. I can help with transport if needed. His adoption fee is just $50! Anyone?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6880162

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:48:30 pm by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Great Pyrenees for adoption at Missouri animal shelter!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 02:52:27 pm »
Also at that same shelter is this sweet boxer mix girl and golden retriever boy. Again, I will help with transport if I can. Their adoption fees are $50!

Boxer girl's page;
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6858565

Golden Retriever's;
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6858551
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Guys, these 2 dogs will BE PUT TO SLEEP ON 8-25-06 unless they can find a home for them!!!! They are simply too full! Please don't let this happen! I would try to foster them myself, but then I would be in need of a new home! I can help with transport!

Their petfinder ad;
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6864237

Marissa

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Time to cross post this BPO's.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Just to let you know, I will be in the same town that the Pyr, Boxer, and Golden are located in on Sunday. Let me know if I need to pull them for anyone while I'm there. I can even foster for one night if needed. Pm me or reply on here!
Marissa

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Marissa,

Could you please see if there is more info about the Pyr? Ie., how is he with cats, kids, other dogs? Although most shelters do not test with livestock, but any info would be helpful. Also was he a stray or owner surrender?

Sadly, with Captain at this point, we really cannot take on another dog at this time. However, I'd like to crosspost, but need more info. If I can find someone I'll put up his $50 adoption fee.

Deena

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Let me check it out and post the answers to your questions in a minute.
Marissa

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
I called the shelter. He is still available. She said usually they are pretty specific on defining how each dog is with other animals and kids, but on his chart, it simply said, "Good with other things." I know that really doesn't narrow it down, but I think she would have told me more about him if she was pessimistic on how he was around children, people, cats, dogs, etc. And he was an owner surrender. Hope that helps some!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:15:15 am by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
On the pit bull mixes, I am oddly trying to think of ways I could somehow foster one for a few days and try to find him a home! I really don't want them put to sleep. I'll see what I can do. Can anyone else think of someone who might want those 2? They'll die on Friday otherwise!
Marissa

bigdogs@5501

If someone will adopt the Pyr, or heck any of them for that matter- I am good for the adoption fee. I really wish that I could take them - but I am at my quota- This is so sad. I can not imagine putting those beautiful pups to sleep ... gggrrrrr

bigdogs@5501

ok silly me- you would need to be able to get in touch with me- I can give the shelter a credit card over the phone- transfer money via pay pal - whatever-
My cell phone is 214-724-0856 ( I usually answer 24/7 or will return call quicky)
Paige

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
That's so sweet of you. I tried to contact about 3 or 4 pit bull rescues for those last 2. I just would really hate for them to be put to sleep! What can I do?! :-\
Marissa

bigdogs@5501

I can not stand the thought of a perfectly good dog being put to sleep because no one would love it. I am sure that my husband would pitch the fit to end all if I brought one more in the house-so I cant do that. He is really a good guy, we have rescued a total of 9. And I am horrible- I insist that they are all house babies. So I know that I just cant even make that suggestion-

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Same here with my parents and 2 dogs already, and 2 cats!
Marissa

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Guys, I have contacted those rescues and none of them can take the pit mixes! I don't know what I'll do. Anyone have anymore suggestions?
Marissa