Author Topic: I've got a pink puppy!  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
I've got a pink puppy!
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:31:46 am »
Macks snazzy red collar had dyed his neck pink! I tried shampooing it with whitener to get it out, but its pretty subborn! anyone have any ideas....pink is not a good colour on Mack!
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: I've got a pink puppy!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:14:31 pm »
haha i knew that was comming!

i tried to get some pics..but the pink doesnt show up on the camera, but heres some pics to show you all how big he has gotten since we put him on his new food....shame you cant see the pink tho...its really quite funny!
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:21:43 pm »
Have you tried a little oxyclean?  That's how Becky got the purple easter egg dye off the  year olds hand--oxyclean powder and one of those soft facial scrub brushes.
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:22:32 pm »
Such a big handsome boy! Don't worry about the coloring. My baby Dolly had a pink collar on when I first brought her home, and it stained her fur for months! But it came off eventually. But it won't hurt him or anything. If you're luckier than I was, a good shampooing may get it off.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline saintbarney

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Dog Care Central
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:22:52 pm »
What a cute puppy! How old is he?

If it won't come of in the bath, I'd probably just put a new collar over the top..maybe a different brand that won't bleed on him! lol
~Danielle~
www.dog-care-central.com
Wheels for Weebles

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:39:41 pm »
hes just shy of 5 months old! He was pretty skinny cause he was on the wrong food, but now hes on the good stuff and hes got his puppy belly back!

I think i will buy him a choke chain, that way i know it wont bleed for sure!

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:21:24 pm »
Merlin has a white neck as well, and I have never had a problem with the nylon quick-release collars bleeding. I have also used a quality rolled leather collar with no problems as well. I wouldn't advise a choke chain for everyday use as they are potentially dangerous to youngters. They put their curious heads into everything and can pull back abruptly when startled and the collars can tighten and choke them to death. It happened to my cousin's lab pup many years ago, and since then I even refuse to use them for training.
Stella

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 02:38:54 pm »
I use a choke chain for Dolly's all the time collar, simply because Zoey chews up and eats all the other ones I put on her! But if you do use one for her collar, make sure that it can't tighten on her. I put a large key chain ring through the ends of the choke chain so it can't tighten at all on her. If you do that though, you'll just have to make sure it fits right.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."