Author Topic: Jazmin is home! Update  (Read 3838 times)

Kiahpyr

Jazmin is home! Update
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:38:13 am »
We picked up our sweet Jaz from the vet this morning. She has a feeding tube in with an e-collar on. I have to feed her every hour for the next few days. She is also on anti-nausea medication. Hopefully by this weekend she'll be eating on her own. That's our goal anyway.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:42:21 am by Tajsa »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Jazmin is home!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:54:51 am »
Ahhh...she looks so sad in the pic. Poor Jazmine.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:33:08 am »
Awwww that's so sad!  Give her an extra hug from me.  I sure hope she's feeling better soon!

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:34:50 am »
Poor Jazmin.  How is she getting along with the e-collar.  Sam wouldn't walk at all.  I hope she is feeling better soon.
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:29:42 am »
Oh poor Jaz!...I really hope she is all better soon! :-*

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 12:07:12 pm »
Oh the poor girl , we're praying she gets better as soon as possible !!!!
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:53 pm »
I'm sending hunger thoughts out to Jazmin to help her start eating on her own.  Hopefully, she'll be feeling like her old self later this week.  Hugs to both you and her.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 07:04:50 am »
Thanks all for the well wishes for Jazmin. She has Hepatitic Lipidosis which is known has Fatty Liver Syndrome. I was just researching this and it can take 6-8 weeks for a full recovery. I feel so bad for Jaz cause she looks so miserable. I'm just glad she's home.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:17 am »
Awww, poor little sweetie! I'm glad she is home and I sure hope she makes a speedy recovery! I'm sure with all the love she gets she will be healing up real good soon! :-* :-*

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 08:25:07 am »
Glad to hear your baby is home! It always breaks my heart to have to put our pets though these sorts of things, but must be done.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 11:41:57 am »
We already had a set back with Jaz today. :'( She puked up her feeding tube, so back to the vet she goes tomorrow. Jaz will have a peg tube put straight into her stomach from her side. She will have to under go anitesia and hopefully will come back out of it. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster ride. Please keep her in your thoughts once again.

Anakalia

Re: Jazmin is home! Update
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 11:45:01 am »
Awww hun, I'm so sorry Jaz had a set back.  I'll be thinking of you and Jaz tomorrow!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 12:29:25 pm »
Ohhhh , I'm so sorry too ! Poor Jazmin ! :-[
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline gr8brts

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 01:10:32 pm »
OK- I know this sounds funny- but keep a can of room temperature COKE (name brand) on hand. If her tube gets clogged, Coke actually helps unplug it! Works better than just plain warm water. Put a couple ccs in the tube, let it sit for a few minutes, then repeat until it dissolves the yuck. Even if you always flush with room temp water after feeding it still sometimes gets clogged.

Ask the vets too about the Feline pheromone stuff- for most cats it seems to calm them a bit and they seem to heal (and tolerate all the junk we do to them) better.

Anna

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 06:12:24 am »
The same thing happened with my cat, I think I replied on your original post when Jaz was sick.  Had to do the feeding tube and all that too!!  The good thing about the liver stuff is once they start eating the liver will go back to functioning normally, at least Midnight's did, but getting them to eat soon enough is the problem.  I went through this twice with him (a year apart) and both times nothing could get him to eat and when we put the tube in I fed him it was like one day he just said "oh, yeah, I'm suppose to eat on my own" and he just started eating again!  I don't remember how long he had the tube in, but I don't remember it being very long at all.  I hope all turns out well for you and Jaz, good luck.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix