Author Topic: I can FLY!!!! (aka the good news thread)  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
I can FLY!!!! (aka the good news thread)
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:07:32 am »
I thought we should start a good news thread to spread some smiles and cheer.  So everyone, lets here your "I can fly" thoughts or good news!

Good news:
"Tenchi pooped and it was brown!"  lol 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:05:54 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: I can FLY!!!! (aka the good news thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:10:59 am »
I just got the good news that all the paperwork is done for the boys. Its just a matter of Texas setting a date for us to go and get them.  ;D The first picture is the last one I took, the rest are pictures the foster mom took and sent to me.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:28:51 am »
I just got back from lunch. My Husband and Son decided to suprise me by packing Onyx in the back of the car and "kidnapping" me from work for lunch. A wonderful visit to McDonalds and ten thousand "Onyx Questions" later, I'm back at work with a full tummy and a smile on my face.

I love that man of mine!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:31:02 am »
HEY!!!  This is a great thread!  My great news for the day is Tenchi's news and that the boys are on their way!!!

(okay, all the other stuff is good too!!) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and my youngest son goes back to college on Sunday!  My vacation begins!!!! ;)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 09:36:24 am »
My good thought for the afternoon..... ...

My hubby has the day off so he is at home brewing up a huge rack of ribs for supper.  He was mixing up some kind of dry rub marinade when I left from lunch - he's a great cook but doesn't do it too often.  I can hardly wait to get home!!  Mmmmm!!!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:43:41 am by PennyK »
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 10:03:55 am »
My happy thought....

I HAVE ELECTRICITY! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOH!

Oh, and I'm on my way to Holly's for low-country boil. heheheheh...I wish. Low-country boil is like, my favorite thing ever.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 10:12:50 am »
Awwwwww!  So glad to read the great news Moni and Princessnmi!!!!!!!!  My good news is that DH is back to work after vacation so now I can rest up again!  He completely wore me out getting work done around the house! 
Daphne

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 10:20:44 am »
I have more good news!! September 14th I am flying from Tucson AZ to San Antonio TX to pick up my boys!!!!
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:21:42 am »
I have more good news!! September 14th I am flying from Tucson AZ to San Antonio TX to pick up my boys!!!!

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 10:45:17 am »
Great news!  Tenchi is doing better and the boys are finally getting adopted.  Yea, everyone!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 10:45:28 am »
princessnmi - That is excellent news about the boys - I know first hand how difficult adoption can be!!

Trenchie - Good going - keep up the good work and you will be all better in no time

This is a great thread I enjoy reading everyones good news of the day!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 12:44:00 pm »
YAY for everybody!!!!!!!!! :D

My good news of the day is that I just reconnected with an old friend I hadn't seen in 2 and a half years! We used to work together at a kennel in Athens, but I just found out she is now grooming dogs at the pet store that's like one minute from my new house! YAY!!!! ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 01:33:36 pm »
Oh, I forgot about a GREAT piece of news!  Cowboy, who is my most favorite epileptic Newf has gone for over a year without a seizure:  AND HIS VALIUM EXPIRED!!!!  YEA!!!!  That's never happened to us before!  We had to go to his internist today to get new stuff!!!  (it's liquid in a liquid form so I can give to him rectally when he's seizing.... :P)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 02:25:27 pm »
Yay for all this great news! Love that valium has expired (you go Cowboy!!) and that Princess' boys are coming home...and all the other fabulous stuff here!

My great news is

(1) I got to spend most of this week hanging out with awesome people that live and work together in L'Arche communities, and it really truly lifted my spirits;

(2) My amazing husband and I actually have a whole entire weekend to ourselves; and

(3) I have lost 15 lbs!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 03:22:00 pm »
Good thread idea! I have some good news! Tonight while I was waitressing, our town's sirens went off because a tornado was on the ground, but it quickly left the area and everyone is safe! And my other good news is that I made $18 in tips tonight instead of like last night's grand total of $3!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."