Author Topic: My medic alert tag -- by Marco Polo  (Read 3350 times)

kristi

My medic alert tag -- by Marco Polo
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:41:50 am »
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to share this info with all of you.

I see that there are more & more members with "special needs" animals joining BPO.  I am an albino & completely deaf - that's how I got my name.  (I love it when mom puts the brush on the hose with that suction-thing to brush me - I don't know why my brothers run any hide from it.)

I have to stay inside, but I once I got out on accident.  I jumped up to the windowsill & pushed out the screen.  I fell out of the house & couldn't get back in! :-[
I was really scared, because we live near a busy street.  The boys next door found me, but they didn't know I was deaf & that I needed special help.  So my mom got me this really cool tag for my collar.

Mom says this company is great to do business with!  Their customer service is excellent & the prices are good too.
If you have any questions please send my mom a PM.

Love ~ marco polo. :-*

www.gotags.com

ps. Here are some pics of me with my new collar & both sides of my tag.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: My medic alert tag -- by Marco Polo
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:43:14 am »
Oh wow, that is so cool Kristi! I never thought of that, what a good idea.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:28:53 am »
I think that is a great idea :)
RIP former BPO

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 06:50:10 am »
Those are great. I had just put on my beagles regular tag that He was epleptic(sp?) and needed medication. but that is a much better idea. People were them all the time why not pets.

kristi

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:38:01 am »
just wanted to bump this thread
my mom got this information this morning 
they're on sale! :D
love, marco polo.

EMBOSSED DOG TAGS SALE.50% off.  http://usdogtags.com
50% Off all Embossed Military ID Dog Tags.  Including Sets and Single tags in Stainless Steel, Brass, Gold Plated or one of our 8 distinct Colored Metal tags! 
Five lines of personalized text and your choice of chain or split ring attachment. 
Don't miss out on this great deal!

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 05:28:34 am »
Julie, a best friend of mine put "medical attention required" or something to that effect on her husky's tag. Her logic was that people would be less likely to steal him! Dog napping isn't so unheard of in South Florida.

BUT, back to original  topic - I think that's a great idea for pets w/ special needs. Very important.
lmt.