Author Topic: Jazmin is Eating!!! Update  (Read 2832 times)

Kiahpyr

Jazmin is Eating!!! Update
« on: August 24, 2006, 02:20:22 am »
All by herself!!! YAY!! Fortunately Jaz didn't get her other feeding tube in because the vet had to order a different one. I got to bring Jaz home and was suppose to take her back today. However last night she started eating catfood. I'm so happy!!!

She does need to eat more then what she's getting tho. :-\ So what if your cat's favorite treat? It can be anything from people food to cat treats. The vet just as long as she eats something. I tried soft catfood, tuna and pork. She loves marshmellows, so I'm going to the store today. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:23:40 am by Tajsa »

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Jazmin is Eating!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 02:23:54 am »
All by herself!!! YAY!! Fortunately Jaz didn't get her other feeding tube in because the vet had to order a different one. I got to bring Jaz home and was suppose to take her back today. However last night she started eating catfood. I'm so happy!!!

She does need to eat more then what she's getting tho. :-\ So what if your cat's favorite treat? It can be anything from people food to cat treats. The vet just as long as she eats something. I tried soft catfood, tuna and pork. She loves marshmellows, so I'm going to the store today. 
3 words...thin sliced turkey! ;D You know...lol!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 03:57:31 am »
Good!

When mine were not well they loved jars of baby food, turkey, chicken, and beef.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 03:59:44 am »
That's fantastic!!  I was hoping it wouldn't take too long!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 04:01:25 am »
YAY Jaz!  She has to be feeling tons better to be eating so soon, that's great!  I agree with the baby food idea.  Years ago my cats loved any kind of lunchmeat.  One of my kitties, Bailey, had gotten very sick and my vet had given me some really gross canned cat food to feed.  It actually entices them to eat and it's loaded with calories and good stuff to get them healthy again, you may want to call your vet to see if that have that kind of food.  I can't think of the name of it at the moment, but your vet may know. 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 07:28:44 am »
I have the pickiest cat ever!! I went to the store and bought salmon, crab, stinky 9 lives soft catfood, chicken, sliced turkey and she wouldn't eat any of it. :-\ I also got hard seafood flavor treats, liver treats made for cats and of course marshmallows. Those she ate, go figure.

I also heard from the vet he wants to put her on a Science Diet hard catfood made for nursing moms and kittens. I guess it entices them to eat and is packed with calories. At least it's only temporary until she puts wieght back on.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 07:23:07 am »
I just talked to the vet and Jazmin is not eating enough food. :( My poor girl is going to have the feeding tube put in on monday. I'm still hoping that this weekend she starts scarfing down food! 

Anakalia

Re: Jazmin is Eating!!! Update
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 07:40:21 am »
OK Ms. Jaz you NEED to eat!  April I think you're going to have to sit her down and have a heart to heart talk about this!  I really hope she starts eating soon!  I'd try the baby food, chicken stock, veggie stock, beef stock, anything to entice her to chow down! lol

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 03:16:25 am »
April, how is Jazmin doing today?...I am sorry I've not been in touch but I have been excessivly busy...It looks like all 4 kittens I am "mothering" will make it but I am crazy busy with them here.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 04:42:12 am »
April, how is Jazmin doing today?...I am sorry I've not been in touch but I have been excessivly busy...It looks like all 4 kittens I am "mothering" will make it but I am crazy busy with them here.

Jazmin is doing well. She's a very happy cat! She's drinking plenty of water, but the food is still an issue. I put 2/3 cups of food down on friday and she's only eaten half. :( She's going in for her feeding tube on monday. Hopefully she won't have it in very long. Good luck with the kittens!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 08:05:37 am »
April, if you haven't already, try a jar of meat baby food. Put a little on her nose with your finger. We've always had success.