Author Topic: got a call & how could I say no?....HELP!!!  (Read 5674 times)

SA_horses

Re: got a call & how could I say no?....HELP!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 06:53:37 am »
The vet said they were in pretty good shape this morning

That is excellent news!  :)  I hope you have a good nap.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 09:09:30 am »
I am seeing front teeth & some side teeth one some but the smallest weekest one has front teeth just barely poking through...The don't walk real stabley...The looks funny like they are not used to it & look almost like they are walking on tiptoes...It's time for another round of milk replacer...I am just going to do that util tomorrow & then try moistened kitten food again.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 02:16:15 pm »
I also think the vet aged them a bit too young.  I would have guessed closer to 4 weeks myself.  But, what do I know?  ;)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:59:24 pm »
I have finally gotten 3 of them to poop...One of them had a stool on their own earlier but I don't know who...I am really hoping it is the 4th one that I haven't been able to get to go...I am very very tired...I hope I can get them eating & drinking on thei own soon.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 12:53:04 am »
Yay! That is good news!  I think they should be about old enough to start being intro'ed to the litterbox, even though they won't be quite ready to use it on their own, putting them in one, and letting them check it out after each meal will help out a lot in the next few weeks, as they start eliminating on their own- you want them to do it in the right place when they DO go.

Weedsport, NY

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 03:32:58 am »
Yay! That is good news!  I think they should be about old enough to start being intro'ed to the litterbox, even though they won't be quite ready to use it on their own, putting them in one, and letting them check it out after each meal will help out a lot in the next few weeks, as they start eliminating on their own- you want them to do it in the right place when they DO go.
We're already in "Litterbox 101"...lol!...Nobody has used it yet but I am putting them in it....I figured clumping litter wouldn't be a good idea...I got clay for them.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 03:39:09 am »
I had to use shredded paper for a kitten's litter box once.  His tail had to be amputated due to his horrible start in life (I found him outside of my workplace, looking very bad) and the vet had advised that to prevent the tail from becoming infected.  The funny part is that the kitten decided that the shredded paper was just a huge amount of FUN! :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom