Author Topic: Offtopic: TS Ernesto (For people on the gulf coast)  (Read 3400 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Offtopic: TS Ernesto (For people on the gulf coast)
« on: August 26, 2006, 06:26:16 am »
Keep an eye on this one if you're on the gulf coast like us:

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200605.html

(Insert String of explicatives)

Brandon
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic: TS Ernesto (For people on the gulf coast)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 12:55:27 pm »
Yeah, I think that one is going to really suck for someone along the Gulf.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 01:13:31 pm »
Sheesh!!! The gulf coast needs a break!  Can't we send these storms somewhere else??

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 03:12:51 pm »
Sheesh!!! The gulf coast needs a break!  Can't we send these storms somewhere else??
I vote for that! :D  In the last two years, I have had to prepare and deal with damage more than in the previous ten years!  Everyone just blow really hard and maybe it will stay away! :D

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 02:05:22 am »
I still don't think we're gonna get much from it.  Lots of rain and maybe some breezes but I doubt we'll have the damage that we had previously. 

Look, I have to believe this.  Even happy drugs wouldn't keep me sane otherwise. 

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 03:35:42 am »
SHOOT! HOLLY! you better get Buddy to me quick so he's safe! HURRY!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 03:41:18 am »
Looks like their projected path continues to move to the right.  Now it looks like Florida may have issues headed their way.  Maybe it will keep turning north so much that it will begin to make that turn back out to the Atlantic.  Wishful thoughts! :)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:58:35 am »
Just gotta watch it to know if I need to break out the plywood again, Preparing the house is an all-day not fun event.

I have 2 pines in the back yard, close to the house that were killed this year from pine beetles.  I need to cut those down I guess before they fall on the house.

Gas for the generator, fight the crowds at wal-mart for that last loaf of bread, all those fun things I can do without :)

The thing that I'm really worried about, even if we see TS or Cat 1 here, we're going to be hurting, we've had weeks of daily rain so the ground is really really saturated.(mushy at my house).. What trees Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina didn't get, this one would.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 04:01:32 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 04:31:50 am »

SA_horses

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 06:28:01 am »
Brandon, now you have to go edit the title if possible.  ;)

Looks like their projected path continues to move to the right.  Now it looks like Florida may have issues headed their way.  Maybe it will keep turning north so much that it will begin to make that turn back out to the Atlantic.  Wishful thoughts! :)

No, no, no.

It needs to come through here, as a very slow moving, rain-dumping tropical storm.  Then it can just sit here on Dothan for a while, dump some of the rain that we need, and then dissipate.  Everybody wins!  ;D

We were very disappointed with Alberto this year, so hopefully Ernesto will deliver (the rain that is)!

That's my wishful thinking anyway.

Offline joonsjolly

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 02:01:13 am »
Oooh... I hope it dies before causing any problems to the Gulf.  We lived in Gulf Breeze, Florida when Ivan hit, and couldn't get home for 2 weeks to see what happened, (all bridges to our peninsula were out, and the only road heading to the shore was reserved for military and supply vehicles for that time) we just rented a house (because we had a 2 month old baby)... in.... Mandeville, LA (just North of Lake Ponchartrain, which is between New Orleans and Mandeville.) We stayed there a while, and moved back to Houston just before Katrina.  When the big storm (forgot the name) was headed for Houston, and because of the tragedy and scare with Katrina, evacuations were ordered, we got stuck in 26 hours of evacuation traffic, saw a man have a heartattack on the side of the road, had a woman come up to us crying because her newborn was having heat related problems, saw people laying on the side of the road in whatever shade they could find because their vehicle had overheated, and no water reserves.  People walking down the freeway with guns...

My husband is from Chicago, so a Hurricane is like the end of the world for him, and he said that the next Hurricane to come our way, were outta here. 

Please Please PLEASE go away!!  Texas is my home!   ;D