Author Topic: Shelter closing in So. Cal......  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Shelter closing in So. Cal......
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:42:24 pm »
Please check out the link below. These dogs have nowhere to go...

http://www.cpics.net/60830dogs/

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Shelter closing in So. Cal......
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:20:25 am »
Cripes!...Why did the shelter close?...I will send major prayers...That makes me so sad. :'( :'( :'(

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 05:05:39 am »
I wish they had more information on the shelter. Something seems a bit off, as so many of them are not neutered/spayed, or utd on shots. It makes me curious about the "sanctuary", y'know?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 05:20:35 am »
This was cross-post from another list, so I have no information on the shelter.

My best guess would be good intentions but lack of funds, and that it probably was not a IRS recognized shelter but a sanctuary run by a private individual to provide food, water, and shelter.  That may be why many are not spayed/neutered or UTD on vaccinations.  Again, I'm just speculating here, not trying to justify...

Some of the dogs appear to be PB, and there are pretty mixes as well.  In posting, I was hoping that some BPOers might be able to help with finding homes, whether permanant or foster.

Deena

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 10:03:13 am »
Oh for sure, many of them are very beautiful, and seem to have a whole range of personalities. I was just curious as to how they ended up in such an urgent situation.                   

Those two Pyr sisters are beautiful. Sigh, if only LGDs fit our lifestyle better!