Author Topic: Odd questions from groomers  (Read 11575 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Odd questions from groomers
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 11:40:48 am »
I thought that groomers would be a bit more knowledgabe than they present sometimes.  

When I first got my bouv, I inquired with a groomer if they knew how to give her the "proper" bouvier cut.  She said sure, took down the calendar from the wall, flipped to a picture of a bouv, and said "I'll use this as a guide."

:o

Holy cow, I could do that myself!!!  (Use a photo as a guide, I mean.)

So now I do!  She may not have the proper cut for a show dog, but I think she's a looker! ;)

Daffodil

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 12:19:03 pm »
I would love to know what type of detangling mats product you use?

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 02:33:53 pm »
I wonder if ksullivan was talking about Mane & Tail...I use it on my own hair too! :)

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2005, 02:47:06 pm »
 ::)

I have been asked so many times if my dogs are purebred I can't count them.

They look "different" from what most people are used to seeing around.

Then I get SOOO many people who will visit with Penny when I have her out, and then say, Yes, I have one that looks JUST LIKE THAT at home.

I've waited on a puppy of this quality for 20 years. I'm sure they have one that looks just like her at home. LOL

My favorite, of course, is the ever present, "Is that a ROCKWILER?"

Nope.

Heeeeeeeeeeeer e's your sign.....

;)
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2005, 04:12:09 pm »
Around here groomers ask "what kind of dog is that?" I think its a bit odd.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 06:57:06 pm »
I wonder if ksullivan was talking about Mane & Tail...I use it on my own hair too! :)

I have used it too and loved it. My husband thinks it's weird...but he thinks I'm weird anyway....

Vicki

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2005, 07:20:30 pm »
My hubby thinks I'm wierd too Vicki!...In fact his favorite thing to do it stare intently at me & say, "you're never coming back are ya' kid"...lol!...If they think we are wierd & they married us it kind of makes you wonder about them doesn't it?...lol!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 07:35:02 pm »
Sanity gets a lot of huge/funny looking Pitbull comments.  Once when I informed a man that he was in fact a Great Dane puppy, but that's OK alot of people say that, he looked at me with the MOST patronizing degrading look on his face and said "Sweety, ONLY pitbulls come in stripes".  Ooooooo I wanted to SMACK him.  I don't mind when people say something dumb (Like the lady who called the cops on us for starving our "Dalmation" who should weigh 80 pounds, ie our English Setter who is only supposed to weigh 35 pounds).  It bothers me when people insist that you're the idiot, and that you're some poor vulnerable schmuck. 

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline ksullivan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 11:09:44 am »
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I haven't been on line. I use Main and Tail, I read about it on Newf-Net, and I love it. I ordered 4 bottles of it, and have gone thru the first bottle fairly quick, but it isn't expensive. I haven't looked, but someone said they thought Walmart carried it too. I just typed main and tail in and found it on line. It is wonderful stuff. I have a fried with thick long curly hair, and she has used it on herself also.
Ksullivan

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 08:12:31 pm »
znothing bugs me more than groomers or vets who are not educated on breeds, when i started working at the vet clinic, i bought dogs usa, and the anniversary addition, i read each and every breed standard, studied it and knew every dog breed that walked thru those doors, even for grooming, i would walk the groom area at the shows and study the people at work so i knew the differences of the show stuff vs the pet stuff.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Blair

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 09:44:51 pm »
Im a Groomer  :'( 

The only dog I get comments on is Mr. Grey, he has been a pitbull, dalmation, catahoula [I know I spelt it wrong] and a lab mix, oh and a Great dane mix cause danes dont come in his color ::)

I also love it when people call Zeus a ROCKweiler ???

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 02:40:09 am »
Gyp - definately use the polar bear hybrd..lol...b et people would believe you!!!

Willow gets the same thing as Mr Grey - Danes do not come in that color.  Also comments about the ears.  My black Pom gets called a chow puppy or a mini-chao (didn't know they had mni-chows)

I have the worst time finding a good groomer..it is very frustrating... .I thought I had one I really liked but she took a chunk of my male pom's ear and i still paid for the grooming....  Very frustrating...  One reasn my daughter and i went with a dane because of the coat...  Newfs were my next choice but the dane won out.
Timmie