Author Topic: Little Worried  (Read 4186 times)

Offline COMARRO

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Little Worried
« on: September 01, 2006, 02:19:40 am »
Hello all! I have not posted on here in a while.. but have enjoyed watching. I need everyones advice on what I should do!
On 8/20/06 we went rock crawling in the mountains, well we rolled a rock crawler, no big deal and the ice chest dumped over! Junior was pleased, there was a deli sandwhich, you know the kind with the deli toothpicks?? He ate the whole thing! I woke up Monday morning finding toothpicks around my house from him couphing them up. It has been two weeks now, and it is still in the back of my head. What if there is one lodged in him somewhere??? His dropping seem normal, a little softer, but no change.

I just need some advice, I am not sure if he is fine or if maybe he isn't because there are no signs, but what if in a couple weeks he is really sick!

P.S. I have attached some pictures of Junior doing his own rock crawling! He loved the mountains!!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Little Worried
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:24:08 am »
Great photos. I am sure the toothpick is gone by now, but you could give you vet a quick call to ease your mind.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 08:40:41 am »
Love those pictures and that big handsome boy! I agree, if you feel like you need to call your vet, go right ahead. It won't hurt to ask!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 12:03:12 pm »
I agree with everyone else - after this much time, you would most likely have seen more symptoms if there was a problem, but it might ease your fears to take him to the vet.

It might also help if you can remember how many toothpicks were on the sandwhich and how many he coughed up
RIP former BPO

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 12:05:00 pm »
I agree with everyone else; he's probably fine after this long, but a call to the vet couldn't hurt.

He's a cutie! I love the photos. :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 12:06:41 pm »
I'm sure he's fine!  The amount of wood, sticks, etc, my Newfs eat when we're in the mountains is amazing!  Many times when I clean up after them it is mostly wood/bits of pine, etc.  They are always full of energy, though, and it never seems to affect them.  I think they are part termite! ;)

Offline COMARRO

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 12:45:45 pm »
Thank you to everyone! I really appreciate your advice. My mind is more at ease now. I tried to find out how many toothpicks there were but no one noticed.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 05:13:13 am »
Awwwwwwww..... he's cute.
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 02:05:02 am »
I agree...I think you would have noticed something strange by now if it was going to happen.

He is one cute saint!!!  More pictures...... please???
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!