Author Topic: Doggie Day Cares  (Read 1657 times)

Offline MSF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Doggie Day Cares
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:22 pm »
Has anyone out here had much experience with Doggy Day Cares? OK after just a week my Deaf Dane is driving me nuts.
I know he has to have me in his sights but today he is driving me nuts and Niki has to follow so I have 2 dogs tailing me. We have an excellent kennel nearby who offers doggy day care.
They even have outdoor play areas and seperate big rooms if you just want your dogs to be together and not others.
(Since Mozart is deaf and may have wobblers, just him and Niki in a room pr play area is an idea.)

I am seriously considering this 2 times a month to give me a little break.
Would like to know what others experiences have been with this type service.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Doggie Day Cares
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 02:05:44 pm »
It really depends on the specific location - some are great and some are not. The first doggy daycare I took zoey to was great - they took good care of the dogs and zoey was always happy to be there. But then I moved and the other one we tried turned out to be horrible. They hurt my dog and I will never forgive them for that.
RIP former BPO

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:04:35 am »
Rocco loved Doggy Daycare in Cincinnati, though by late afternoon he would have to seperated because he would get cranky.  After a day at daycare, he would then sleep for two days straight.  Maia never got to since she quite the snob and is very particular on who she will play with and who she will not like.

I love the idea that they can have their own area to play in, that makes that place a great asset to have around.

When Rocco and Maia get obnoxious now a days, i just leash them up and take them for a swift 20 minute walk, just getting out of the house, all the smells, and the little bit of exercise will wear them out.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:14:42 am »
We go once a week typically on Wednesdays and the girls love it, not to mention it is easier to clean on daycare days.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 11:26:20 am »
My two have not been to "day care" but have been boarded over night and they did very well with it. They liked being with the other dogs and didn't seem to terribly mind being separated from us because they had a good time. But whenever it was time to go, they were ready. I would try it out and if you aren't happy with it or your dogs don't like it, maybe choose a different place. Hope you find one that fits your dogs well!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."