Author Topic: 8Below  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
8Below
« on: August 29, 2006, 07:29:15 pm »
I'm watching this right now....its so sad!! We are at the part where the dog dies and is laying in the snow...and the other dog is licking his face

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(waaaaaah
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: 8Below
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:36:44 pm »
I will take your word for it...I cry during "Bambi." :-[ :-\

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:12:37 pm »
I saw it in the theatre and I seriously had to prevent myself from "crying out loud." Like, wailing and everything. Umm, I'm okay, really.

Whatever you do, don't watch that movie if you are PMSing. Whooo honey, that's some strong stuff.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:39:31 pm »
I saw it in the theatre and I seriously had to prevent myself from "crying out loud." Like, wailing and everything. Umm, I'm okay, really.

Whatever you do, don't watch that movie if you are PMSing. Whooo honey, that's some strong stuff.

O.K...Now because you have totally drawn my attention to this movie & I must be totally masochistic :-\ :D I am going to have to rent it...I will definitly take your advise not to watch it while P.M.S.'ing though...While I may be masochistic I am not stupid...LOL!

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 01:20:46 am »
FABULOUS movie!  LOVE< LOVE LOVE it!  We didn't go to the theatre though...I was smart and waited for it so I could buy it and watch it at home.  It's got such a wonderful ending!

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 03:46:04 am »
I just saw 8 below last weekend and I just loved it. Gut wrenching at times... :'(... but what a story! Definitely worth a watch. :)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 03:53:13 am »
According to my friend's 4 year old daughter, Maia is in that movie.  When I tried to tell her it was just another dog named Maia in the movie she kindly let me know what in movies even dogs can look different.  Granted Maia is a 130lb brindle english mastiff and the dog in the movie is a sled dog. In the world of a 4 year old Maia is famous.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Kirsti

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:19:59 am »
That movie is great! Sad, but great! I rented it, then the next day went out and got it. I was totaly crying, it's way sad, but also cute! Anyone who hasn't seen it, is truly missing out.

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 05:48:06 am »
Oh wow!! It looks like I need to rent a movie this weekend!  I HATE movies that make me cry, BUT it's got doggies in it so it must be good! lol 

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 12:28:24 pm »
Saw it in theatres and bought it this weekend. Great movie! Let me tell ya, after seeing it, I said to Mom, "We are never leaving the dogs anywhere alone ever again!!!" And we never have!  :D Best movie ever! Everyone needs to watch it, even if it is sad.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 01:52:51 pm »
 :D That's just the cutest thing ever! I love the imaginatins of kids.   :)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown