Author Topic: OFF SUBJECT : movie  (Read 3809 times)

nickerbokker

OFF SUBJECT : movie
« on: June 19, 2005, 02:10:18 am »
well.  i rented three movies.  i rented gothika, the aviator, and sometimes in april. 

well.  i didn't know what to watch...and i couldn't watch something totally scary, and i didnt rearlly feel ike watching leo try to act.....SO, i went with the thrid.

i have never cried for such a long period of time in a film. i mean, when the titanic went under i shed a tear, when danny died in pearl harbor i might have lost a drop or two.....but i literally just cried for about an hour and a half....and now it just ended and i feel like i cannot breathe.  anyone seen a movie like that lately?  or this one?  i am SOO depressed. 

the first 5 minutes were slow.....and the rest of it was so intense i caught myself holding my breath to the point of me shaking.  maybe im just PMSing or something, but that was an unreal movie.  i was bummed cuz i found out it was a HBO movie AFTER i put it in...but now that its over i am shocked. 

i honestly dont know what to do.  i am tired....but now i am so sad and hurt and mad that i cannot sleep.  im at that place that we all get to when we are so red hot we want to stand up and make a difference in the whole world all by our little selves.....but ask me in the morning, and i'll be all.....dude, im tired. 

anyway...thats my story.  that movie has me so emotionally shaken up right now i don't know what to do!

k....nite

nickerbokker

Re: OFF SUBJECT : movie
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:58:25 pm »
so....i just watched gothika, becuase on the advice on jaime, i needed to watch it in daylight if i was going to watch it alone.....WEL. ...i am scared $%^&less right now....constan tly freaked out that there is some $#$#ed up looking ghost behind me ready to throw me into walls.

anyone know how to make that feeling go away?

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 07:08:31 pm »
...that feeling...it goes away with time!  I don't have that feeling EVER anymore.  Or, perhaps, I have become the scariest thing I know.  ;D

Anyway, there is a movie called "The Eye".  It is a Chinese movie, so it has subtitles, but it is honestly the best horror genre film I've ever seen.  It really is creepy and it takes a lot for me to feel creeped out.  I say forget about "The Grudge" and "White Noise" and all of that...

I vote for "The Eye"...and that grand ol' New Zealand parody of horror films "Dead Alive".
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 07:15:05 pm »
OMG! Gothika is the scariest movie ever! I am glad that you watched it during the day though because at nightime it is 10x scarier. Enjoy the Aviator. Many people didn't like it but i thought it was awesome.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 01:38:36 am »
Nicker.....I have to see that movie, I love a good cry from time to time. Did you see the notebook??? I saw it in the movies for the first time and buuhuu I had major makeup problems when I got out. That was the movie I have cried the most to for a loooong time. I made hubby watch it at home a few weeks ago, and he was like, "was this the movie you cried loud when you watched???" So he didnt get the touching part I guess.

Tonight we watched the "hostage" with Bruce W. I really liked that one.

One of my all time favorits thought is Armageddon, I dont know what it is about that movie, I dont even know what is so good about it, I just so totally like it.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 03:56:07 am »
The Notebook..... just thinking of it wants to make me tear up again! I had to run out and buy the book after watching it.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey