Author Topic: Adi got a bed.  (Read 4987 times)

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Adi got a bed.
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:16:24 am »
Well, I've been really caving in and letting Adi sleep out of his crate at night, so long as it's next to my bed. He'll usually sleep there for half the night and in the crate the other half after a early-morning piss. However, it's been really getting to me how he just THROWS his body down onto the hardwood floors! Poor little bones. So I caved and bought him a bed that was overpriced, but I was too lazy to make one myself! It wasn't that bad I suppose, but come on, $35 for covered foam?

Here he is after a romp at the dog park. I coaxed him to get on it and pose. Now he is sleeping soundly. And yes, ignore the god-awful cheapy towel. It serves it's purpose!

Oh, and yeah, I bought the largest one since he has plenty of growing left to do.

lmt.

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
Re: Adi got a bed.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 11:23:40 am »
He looks as if to say "Ho hum, hear we are again, taking pics, boorrring."  Love his facial expression.  Nice bed, looks comfy.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 02:33:33 pm »
Man did I get pipped when I got the same covered foam that you bought! And it was smaller than the one you have!. They didn't have any bigger ones. Anyway I paid $55.00! Cute picture by the way!  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 03:06:53 pm »
My ex-bf ordered dogs beds for my dogs from Orvis last week. They came in on Friday. It cost him $200 w/ shipping ($105 for Riley's bed alone-well, the bed and $5 for his name to be sewn on it). They are the ones with beads in them. Sadie likes hers, though it's still so hot down here that they spend a lot of time laying on the tile. I couldn't believe he did that for them (and me); he's a good guy, though. :)

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 05:01:01 pm »
I paid $55.00!

Now I feel like a jack a**! But you know, the pups are always worth it... Even when he think's its just a really big stuffie...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:11:25 am by Jacksmom »
lmt.

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 05:02:42 pm »
it's still so hot down here that they spend a lot of time laying on the tile.

sheesh, those are some swanky beds (i googled them). fit for a king. I hear you about the tile. My labs in Miami loved to chill in the bathroom to cool off.
lmt.

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:57:10 am »
I know what you mean about that sound when they throw themselves on the bare floor. When my dane does it, it sounds like the house is coming down around your ears and is generally follows by a pitiful sigh/moan. Mine have a bed in every room other than the kitchen and bathroom but you can usually find them on the couch and/or reciner anyway.You can have the best seat in the house, you just have to move a dog first, LOL
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 05:04:36 am »
Awww...he looks so happy on his bed. You're such a good mom.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 10:05:24 am »
With all the worrying we do about their joints and hard floors, you'd think they could use the beds! LOL!

The orvis beds are awesome, but they are still climbing in bed with me at night. I've been getting them to lay on them right before we got to bed, but as soon as the lights go out and I get in bed, I hear Riley get up, then Sadie, and they jump into bed with me. They are good about getting out of bed if I move around or if someone else is there, too (no room for them). So I guess I'll have to wait until I'm sharing my bed with a guy again to see how well they work...  ::)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 11:19:33 am »
At least someone is using one of the beds.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:20:04 am by macybean »

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 01:46:38 pm »
Haha, Thomas is a mac daddy. I love him... I have yet to see if my cats have tested out the new cushions. They prefer laying in the bathtub, the windowsil, and the top of the couch (where there are now permanent indentations from them... after just one month!)
lmt.