Author Topic: Help I need a really good day.  (Read 4531 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Help I need a really good day.
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:45:12 am »
What a week this has been.  Everything was going great until I got a call at 4am on Saturday that my Mom's house has burned. She had to break a window and jump out. She opened her bedroom door to find a blast of heat and a wall of flames. Please make sure you have a plan to get out of every room in your house. We had to take her to the hospital but she is doing as well as she can given the events.  We spend most of the day going through the house trying to find some thing that could be saved, but not much luck. While I was there my hubby called to tell me that Penny Lane could not walk on her back leg. So I jump in my SUV and make the drive to the vets office where they are doing x-rays.  They really can not tell us for sure what it was, but I do have them sending the x-rays to my regular vet on Tuesday. She was out of town and we had to take the only vet that would come in on Saturday afternoon.  After rest and a lot of love from both of us she is doing a lot better, she even wants to run when we go out to potty.  My breeder was great he was on the phone with be four times during the night just to be sure she was ok. Her temp went up to 103 for a little while.  Our best guess is she jumped and fell on it wrong.  Anyway this is what I want to think until I know more.  So for now she is ok, we just have to make sure she get lots of rest for a few days and does not get to play with Sugar Bear and Dixie.  By the way Dixie is very mad at me for taking her new puppy away. She has been being a great Mom. Oh and on top of all of this Dixie is in heat.  So Penny Lane and my Mom sure could use some of that BPO power and prayers.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Help I need a really good day.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:03:33 am »
Oh my, I am so sorry things are going so rough right now! :-[ That is so scary for your mom! What a nightmare! Thank goodness she was able to get out... I am sure going to go through every room of my house now and make sure I have escape plans!!!!

And poor dear Penny, I hope she was just playing too rough, puppies always do that. I hope she gets to feeling better really soon.

Hang in there, sending good thoughts to you from GA!!!! :-*

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:21:12 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your mom, and then on top of that Penny Lane's leg too! Thinking good thoughts that there are much better days ahead...
Stella

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 01:08:56 pm »
Yikes  :-\ Sorry you're having a tough time right now. Do they know what started the fire? Be thankful that everyone is safe - things can always be replaced; people cannot.

I will cross my fingers for penny lane to make a speedy recovery
RIP former BPO

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 01:18:22 pm »
"Don't worry...about a thing...
cause every little thing is gonna be alright..."
---Bob Marley
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 02:20:16 pm »
Oh it will all be ok. Mom is safe and I am counting my blessing in that. The fire department said it was from an window ac unit in the back bedroom.

I have a second vet that is going to look at Penny Lane's x-rays on Tuesday.  I just pray that my little girl is not going to have problems with her legs. Sugar Bear and bad growing pain for almost a year and I do not want to go through that again. 

I am feeling much better now, and looking at the glass as half full from my rose colored glasses. 

Lisa

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 02:23:21 pm »
Glad to hear your mom is ok. It does sound like a growing pain for Littl Penny Lane, she will be just fine. :-* (from Tonka and Nala) I just can't wait to see more pics of her.  ;)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 03:38:04 pm »
Your mom is in my prayers. I'm so glad that she's okay. But I'm sure it will be a long road from here. And little Penny Lane! Goodness, she's a spitfire, isn't she? I hope she feels better soon.  :)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 04:22:35 pm »
OMG when it rains it pours,sounds like you got hit with a real hurricane at your place.

But the sun will come back into your lives.

You are in our thoughts and prayers

Tricia and the fur kids

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 05:23:38 pm »
Holy cow Lisa!...When it rain it really pours, doesn't it?...I am sending big ol' hugs & Samson, Pippin & Rosie send kisses & Pyr paw!...Let us know how everything turns out!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 01:10:32 am »
Up-date:  Penny is doing much better, now for the job of keeping her quite for 4/5 days.  My vet will take a look at the x-rays on Tuesday. We will go from there. I am trying not to look for trouble and hoping that this will not effect her now that she is walking fine.

As for Mom, she is having a really hard time getting to sleep. We are working on her list of things in the house for insurance, boy is that a job and a half.  Mom is a pack-rat so I am sure we are going to miss a lot of stuff but will do the best we can.

Anyway today is another day and going to be a better one.  ;D It really helps knowing you guys are her for me to talk with about everything.

Lisa

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 03:09:14 am »
I am SO sorry to hear about your Mom; that has got to be just about the scariest thing ever!!  Thank you for reminding everyone to be sure of their way out and if you have a family please have a meeting place that everyone knows about and can easily get to; this way you know everyone is out and no one gets hurt going back in.  Also, a great time to remind everyone to do a home journal of your possessions it can be very detailed or something as simple as taking a video camera around the leave the tape at a friend or relatives house.

Finally,  I hope Penny is having a better day today!!  She is just the cutest pup and it is so sad she isn't feeling well!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 05:15:20 am »
Sending positive thoughts to your family. I'm so glad your mom got out and is okay. Give Penny Lane a big hug and kiss from me. :-*

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 06:39:04 am »
Oh thank you guys. On top of all of that Dixie has a cough. She is up todate on her kennel cough.  I have moved Penny out of their room just in case. 

Lisa

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 12:51:47 am »
Oh my!  You've certainly gotten more than your share this week!  Here's to hoping that things start looking up!  Hugs and smooches to all your beautiful puppers.
Daphne