Author Topic: Tribute to Dogs  (Read 1018 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Tribute to Dogs
« on: September 03, 2006, 05:38:28 pm »
After reading that very sad post *I found your Dog* It made me think of a tribute to dogs,written by my most favorite author,Albert Payson Trehune,who wrote all the Collie stories most notable and still in print *Lad a Dog*

I know that this was written many many years ago,but to me it still applies,at least in my life.

I hope you enjoy it
Tricia and the fur kids.

*To My Ten Best Friends*

Who are far wiser in their way and far better in every way,than I;and yet who have not the wisdom to know it ..

Who do not merely think I am perfect,but who are calmly and permanently convinced of my perfection:..and this in spite of fifty disillusions a day..

Who are frantically happy at my coming and bitterly woebegone in my absence..

Who never bore me and never are bored by me..

Who never talk about themselves and who always listen with rapturous interest to anything I may say..

Who, having no conventional standards,have no respectability; and who, having no conventional consciences,have no sins..

Who teach me finer lessons in loyalty,in patience,in true courtesy, in unselfishness,in divine forgiveness,in pluck and in abiding good spirits than do all the books I have ever read and all the other models I have studied..

Who have not deigned to waste time and eyesight in reading a word of mine and who will not bother to read this verbose tribute to themselves..

In short,to the most gloriously satisfactory chums who ever appealed to human vanity and to human desire for campanionship. .

by Albert Payson Trehune (in the dedication of his book *Bruce*)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Tribute to Dogs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:39:16 pm »
simply awesome! ;D