Author Topic: Crocodile Hunter died today  (Read 4434 times)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Crocodile Hunter died today
« on: September 03, 2006, 07:54:31 pm »
About an hour ago it was reported that he had died. I think this is so sad, I really enjoy watching all his shows, and he left two young children. :'(

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Crocodile Hunter died today
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:59:52 pm »
Justin just woke me up to tell me :(
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 02:44:08 am »
I just read about it, his heart was pierced by a stingray barb when he got too close. He was an enjoyable character to watch. It's so sad he had to leave this Earth so soon. :'(
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:45:48 am »
Oh, no! That's awful. I feel bad for his family.

He was such an enthusiastic guy.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 02:50:01 am »
I am also saddened by the death of the Croc Hunter.  A few years ago when he was first on TV my husband and son used to watch him all the time, it was a show we could watch together.  Even though parts were unpleasant it was a way to teach my son about nature.

The guy was definately enthusiastic although at times bizarre.  I also feel bad for his family not only have they lost their husband/father/son etc.  It leaves a lot of responsiblity for his wife, the family, zoo, tv shows and she didn't seem as outgoing as he did.

I will miss the Croc Hunter :(

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 03:57:43 am »
That is sad!...Before I decided that t.v. was THE DEVIL 2 yrs. ago that is one of the programs I used to watch & let my children watch...I am really sad.  :(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 04:19:20 am »
 :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 04:38:08 am »
I just read that too, very sad leaving behind small children. That man was larger than life and everyone enjoyed him. He will be greatly missed by many. :(
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 04:59:09 am »
I'm so sad! :'( He was hilarious to watch. I will miss him.

Offline Nixx

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Molosser Breeds
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 06:34:49 am »
This may sound a little strange but usually when things like this happen, it does not usually effect me.
But I must admit I was deeply shocked when I heard it on the news today  :'( :'(  All very sad, the guy was a legend with a natural affinity for all animals that grace this earth.  The world of conservation I am sure is in deep shock as he was one in a million.

R.I.P Steve Irwin   :'(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:35:53 am by Nixx »

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 08:10:32 am »
When I saw this earlier, I about started crying. I'm a big fan of Steve Irwin! He was truly dedicated and enthusiastic about teaching people and helping animals.

RIP Steve, the world and it's animals lost a wonderful man. :'(

It's so sad to think about his 3 year old and 8 year old growing up with out a dad...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:15:17 am by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

angelsmama

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 09:03:11 am »
i admit i started crying :( :'( i didnt wanna believe it when my grandmother called me and told me.. i read 3 stories on it then saw it on the news :'( :'( :'(

RIP steve!!! you will be greatly missed..

Offline KissRN

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 12:31:25 pm »
It's a sad day for all of us and all of our animal friends too.  He was so popular for his crazy antics, that he had lots of people watching and learning about animals who probably wouldn't have watched without him.  His loss will be felt throughout the animal kingdom.

His wife and kids are in my prayers.

Kirsti

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 03:47:01 pm »
I also didn't belive he died when I heard about it on the 11 O'Clock news, this morning. I was out at my cabin with my dog just having fun, when we came in for a second, and heard it. I couldn't move, it's really sad!!
 Prayers go out to his family from me and my dog.

Lyn

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 06:41:20 am »
I couldn't believe it either. :'( My thoughts and prayers are with his children and his wife.