Author Topic: Will the ignorance ever end?...Real excuses for dumping an animal at the shelter  (Read 3628 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Look what I found...I'd like to punch every one of them out!...Sorry for the strong feelings here but I am trying to completely wean orphaned kittens!!!! :-\ :( :( :(

http://www.sniksnak.com/excuses.html

Offline smohr

• Gnawer
  • Foster Roxy
    • View Profile
 >:(  Pet ownership entails commitment and responsibility .  I get angry everytime I go to the shelter and see abandoned/neglected/abused animals that are confused and scared in cages and pens.  Another thing that irritates me is to see all the FREE kittens and puppies in the paper w/the same phone numbers from previous ads months before.  These pets are supposed to be family and be PART of families.  :'(
smohr/sherry
God gives us a kiss using a dog to lick our faces.
sc

Anakalia

"Doesn't match my new decor" - What the heck?  Some of those are the most ridiculous excuses I've ever seen! 

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
I wish I couldn't believe some of those, but unfortunately, I've been looking around Craigslist and found a few of those excuses :(
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
I unfortunately believe all of them.

You just can't fix STUPID!!

The real question is why do any of them get a pet in the 1st place.

If they don't want a new member of the family,then they shouldn't/

GOD help their children.(the skin kind)

Tricia and the fur kids.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I can relate to some of the excuses even the allergy part with cats, I am highly allergic and was not until older, but my mom kept the 2 cats we had until old age took toll and they passed, she just kept the house and cats clean and kept me on allergy meds. I still love my fur kids and would have a house full even with the chewing, digging, vet bills (I have had plenty of them, I go to Banfield and have saved almost $4000 in 17 mos, wonder what I have spent???), pooping, and food...I could never give them up that is why I have a credit card w/high limit all for the dogs...laying all jokes aside people really nerve me I think the biggest reason is the first (cute puppy then grew up) what are they going to do when they have kids, oh he was a cute baby, but then got older and started getting an attitude!!! :-\ SOME PEOPLE

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
I think Gandhi had it right when he said:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

America is a capitalist society in which some people are beholden to ideas and not the duty and responsibility associated with reality; therefore, it is expected that some people who live in America, perhaps a great many, treat the lives of animals as temporary fixes of boredom, merely tossing them aside when the new "toy" flashes across the advertising screen.

For example, and we all know this one, at the beginning of summer mom and pop take little Johnny or Pedro or Jinny or Kai to pick out a puppy. At the end of summer, it's time for school again and mom and pop don't have time anymore. Pup goes to the pound.

Disposable. Carelessness. Irresponsible. Shallow. Downright lame!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GR8DAME

All of those excuses boil down to the same one.
"Because I want to. And it is always all about me and what I want. I wanted it when I got it but now I don't want it anymore and by the way, take care of this for me because I DON'T want to. And it is all about me and what I want..." The refrain repeats for everything in their lives.
Pity the children, both for the parent's attitude and the legacy of callousness.
Stella

Gypsy Jazmine

All of those excuses boil down to the same one.
"Because I want to. And it is always all about me and what I want. I wanted it when I got it but now I don't want it anymore and by the way, take care of this for me because I DON'T want to. And it is all about me and what I want..." The refrain repeats for everything in their lives.
Pity the children, both for the parent's attitude and the legacy of callousness.
Stella
Amen Stella!...You got that right!...What I have chosen in my life isn't always convenient for me at all times but it is what I CHOSE & is what I will do because I made an obligation to when I brought these animals home or took them in...They deserve to have mecarry through with my promise to them which is what you do when you bring an animal into your family...It is morally binding contract to me personally to keep that promise even when it isn't what I want to be doing...B.t.w.,my animals do match my decor because I tailor it around them...lol! :D :D

GR8DAME

YOU have DECOR???
I am totally jealous! I have furry hodge-podge.
Stella