Author Topic: FREE puppies...watch out!  (Read 2514 times)

Offline smohr

• Gnawer
  • Foster Roxy
    • View Profile
FREE puppies...watch out!
« on: September 04, 2006, 06:12:12 pm »
I just heard from a woman in our neighborhood about a man going around getting 'free' puppies and kittens and feeding them to his snake!  She called about some kittens that were advertised and the lady who had given away 2 of her 'free' kittens found out that the man she gave them to fed those kittens to his snake.  I was horrified.  She called the police, but they won't do anything or take this serious, saying she cannot prove he even got the kittens from her since she didn't give him a receipt or get a receipt from him.  Is this disgusting and crazy!?!  They have had complaints from this man's neighbors about puppies and kittens coming up missing and have done nothing to this man - unless they are secretly trying to catch him.  Or maybe unwanted free puppies and kittens aren't high on the priority list.   
What else can she do?  She sees me walking my dogs and told me about it, and everytime she sees me go by her house she comes out and is in tears.

smohr/sherry
God gives us a kiss using a dog to lick our faces.
sc

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: FREE puppies...watch out!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:35:25 pm »
Sadly this isn't at all unheard of...What is sadder & sicker yet is what these snake owners do to make sure the kittens don't scratch their snakes...I wish there was a "puke" icon to add to my post.

http://www.ahimsatx.org/nnl/docs/Free.htm

Offline smohr

• Gnawer
  • Foster Roxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 07:58:39 am »
Thanks for the website! 
God gives us a kiss using a dog to lick our faces.
sc

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 08:33:14 am »
Sadly this isn't at all unheard of...What is sadder & sicker yet is what these snake owners do to make sure the kittens don't scratch their snakes...I wish there was a "puke" icon to add to my post.

What, cut their paws off?  I'm sure that's what they do, what do they care?  Their are so many large rats available, it's gotta be some sicko perversion.  Or they're just cheap, sure they can drop a few thousand on an exotic snake, but they can't pay a few bucks for some rats to feed it.  My disgust in my fellow man has just gotten larger, now I know why there are so many scared, bitter, distrustful old people in the world.  They've seen and heard about too many horrible things committed by man.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 08:34:09 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 08:37:07 am »

What, cut their paws off?  I'm sure that's what they do, what do they care?  Their are so many large rats available, it's gotta be some sicko perversion.  Or they're just cheap, sure they can drop a few thousand on an exotic snake, but they can't pay a few bucks for some rats to feed it.  My disgust in my fellow man has just gotten larger, now I know why there are so many scared, bitter, distrustful old people in the world.  They've seen and heard about too many horrible things committed by man.  :-\
Actually I think they just break the legs or feet from what I've heard...In the past I have actually called the number from free puppy & kitten ads in the papers to warn people what could happen...I talked to so many people that didn't believe me or just didn't seem to care that I rarely even call anymore...I just pray & sometimes I cry.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 08:55:40 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:52:23 pm »
thats just horrible :( im a snake owner myself but i would never give my boy little puppies or kittens  :'( :'( he can keep to his mice and rats.. thats just cruel giving a snake a cute little puppy or kitten :'( :'( :'(