Author Topic: Grumpy boy...???  (Read 2630 times)

cricket36580

Grumpy boy...???
« on: September 07, 2006, 01:52:51 am »
I have a big, hairy, white, VERY cranky boy and I don't understand why.  He's been growling at everyone.  If you walk too close to him, if the danes are looking at him, anything at all.  He jumped Bella last night too.  Albeit that Bella probably deserved it...It's still not like him.  I'm wondering if he's grieving the loss of the "extras".  I didn't really think he even liked them though.  More competition for groceries sort of thing.  He's not growled at me though.  And when I get on to him for growling, he just gives me this really hurt look.  This is something that has come up since Brandy, Cassie and Rocky left so I don't think it's medical.  I'm going to give him a few days and then if he's not any better or if he gets worse, I'll take him in to make sure his thyroid isn't doing strange things.

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Grumpy boy...???
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 01:59:29 am »
I bet it is because the "extras" are gone...There will be some shifting in the heirarchy & re-settling to be done there...I bet it passes soon...When Rosie leftus Samson layed on the floor grumbling for a week...When he decided to get back up he resorted backto his very bad 7 to 10 month old puppy behaivor...I let him know it wasn't o.k. & he was back to his usual moody self soon after. :-\

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 07:40:44 am »
yes, the pack order shifted and some rearranging is going on
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 07:43:54 am »
Poor baby. I'm sorry that he is so sad. Hopefully his grieving process will go by quickly so that your house can return to normal.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.