Author Topic: You love dogs too much!  (Read 10077 times)

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: You love dogs too much!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
I've been told that I'm obsessed with dogs. Which is pretty bad, considering that hubby and I are currently furchild-less. (Hopefully to change soon)
   For me, animals are a type of salvation.  I'm going back to school to become an ER or Lifeflight nurse. I work as a volunteer with youth that come from awful backgrounds of abuse and neglect. I see awful things and hear awful stories on a regular basis. And I can't let that get to me. If I broke down every time I heard about a fourteen year old girl being sexually assualted by a family friend and her parents doing nothing, I would never be able to function. While I feel the grief of the situation, it doesn't affect me. My ability to get through these situations is a blessing and a curse. I'm blessed because I can use it to make a difference,  but I'm cursed because I end up feeling somehow dehumanized. People say that I must be heartless, that the plight of an abused dog will bring me to tears faster than the plight of a child. But they don't understand that my tears are for the dog and the child both. Helping animals in need is, for me, an outlet for the despair I work with on a regular basis. I can be free to feel the depth of emotions that I normally have to stifle. I can cry and be mushy and lose my ability to handle  the situation. I love animals because they remind me that I'm human.  And helping them lets me feel amotions that normally have to be hidden for the sake of getting through the day.
  So for all those who have told me that I love animals more than I love people, just know that if I weren't able to love animals emotionally, I'd never be able to love practically. Besides, dogs make the bets listeners, the best cuddlers, and their goofy demeanors nver cease to remind me that the world is still a good place. (As long as there are lots of biscuits and balls to chase!)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 01:26:34 pm »
You cannot love dogs too much. They love you unconditionall y. They are not judgemental. All they ask for is your love. Dogs are more mentally tuned into you than any human just give them the chance.I wish everyone could get the connection.  I have lived with dogs ever since birth, my Mom is a big animal lover. I can't imagine life with out dogs.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

angelsmama

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 02:05:43 pm »
i get it bad from my family sayin how i need to get a life and no guy would ever want me cause i love animals soooo much and always walking angel with me.. well guess what my dear family.. my soon to be hubby loves animals as much as i do :) oh yea my mom also thinks im weird cause i baby talk my snake :-\ well hes my pet just as much as my dogs..  :P

rickysmom1

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006, 02:44:35 pm »
I've been told that I'm obsessed with dogs. Which is pretty bad, considering that hubby and I are currently furchild-less. (Hopefully to change soon)
   For me, animals are a type of salvation.  I'm going back to school to become an ER or Lifeflight nurse. I work as a volunteer with youth that come from awful backgrounds of abuse and neglect. I see awful things and hear awful stories on a regular basis. And I can't let that get to me. If I broke down every time I heard about a fourteen year old girl being sexually assualted by a family friend and her parents doing nothing, I would never be able to function. While I feel the grief of the situation, it doesn't affect me. My ability to get through these situations is a blessing and a curse. I'm blessed because I can use it to make a difference,  but I'm cursed because I end up feeling somehow dehumanized. People say that I must be heartless, that the plight of an abused dog will bring me to tears faster than the plight of a child. But they don't understand that my tears are for the dog and the child both. Helping animals in need is, for me, an outlet for the despair I work with on a regular basis. I can be free to feel the depth of emotions that I normally have to stifle. I can cry and be mushy and lose my ability to handle  the situation. I love animals because they remind me that I'm human.  And helping them lets me feel amotions that normally have to be hidden for the sake of getting through the day.
  So for all those who have told me that I love animals more than I love people, just know that if I weren't able to love animals emotionally, I'd never be able to love practically. Besides, dogs make the bets listeners, the best cuddlers, and their goofy demeanors nver cease to remind me that the world is still a good place. (As long as there are lots of biscuits and balls to chase!)

I totally understand how you feel Galxe. What most people tend to forget that there are tons of organizations that help humans in need, but very few to help animals in need. There isn't a 1-800 number to call when an animal is being abused. There is no 911 when an animal is hurt and needs medical assistance immediately. Basically what I'm saying is this, if there weren't people like you, me and the rest of BPO the animals of this world (dog, cat or other) would be alot worse off than they are right now. So, if anyone can't or won't understand how you feel about your dogs, well they can p$%^ off.  >:( ;D

Debbie

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 06:34:51 pm »

And most dogs, by the way, would not stand by and do nothing while one of their beloved humans is threatened. They have no qualms about stepping forward and between a potentially threatening individual. People, on the other hand, are sometimes afraid and weak, too weak to stand up for loved ones. They appease and enable. Dogs do their thing and it is often the right thing at the right moment and that is why they bring us such joy.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 06:38:15 pm »
Here's one: Even serial killers are able to form bonds with dogs. ( :P
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2006, 12:13:10 am »
My sister and I hear that all the time.. sometimes when we talk about the dog i feel like my friends look at me and think what is wrong with these people!? And you know what i feel, i love fumble so much and i still dont feel like it is enough. Some people are just not lucky enough to share an amazing bond with an animal and just think you and i are the lucky ones ;)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2006, 01:11:13 am »
OMG I would love to have a t-shirt with this:

"Those who get it, get it.  Those who don't, never will."   

Lisa

omg! craft ideA!! i have a new PINK Victorias secret shirt that says "I love my dog" on the front, and the back says "but yours is kinda cute too".. i could always do the same thing on a new one on the front and then your quote on the back!! i'm gonna do it!!  :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!