Author Topic: Hello I am new to the board..  (Read 14874 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I am new to the board..
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 02:59:43 pm »
Hello and welcome.  Your girl is gorgeous.  Can't wait to see the puppy pix when they arrive, hint, hint.  ;)

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.  As well as a cockatiel named Pasta.  ;)

Offline Abstrax

• Gnawer
  • Abstrax Kennels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 04:40:42 am »
Thanks for the huge welcome!!! Lots of very pretty animals on here and very friendly people at that.

We're now getting our supplies for the whelping box today so that will be fun, decided to build our own because I don't plan having another litter 3-4yrs from now.

I of course will have pics and lots of video to share. I am going to try enough hands on board for the birth to video tape each pups first breath. It will be fun deciding who stays and who goes. The stud owners are looking to get Pick female and I want pick male so it works out great for both parties.

I have a registered name picked out for my boy already as well a call name that could work for a boy or girl, if I end up with the off chance of an all bitch litter hehe.

Abstrax Maverick Halo - Call name Halo.. :) Its a good cross for both parents in the names I think. The female would be Abstrax Seraphic Halo if I keep a bitch instead.

Anyone into conformation??

Abstrax
Abstrax Kennels

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 04:55:10 am »
I missed this thread until now.  So belated welcome to the board.  I'm owned by Cinder and Kaila, Belgian Malinois females, and Shiner, Malinois X Ridgeback puppy.  Kaila is in my avatar right now.  Your girl is gorgeous.  Can't wait to see more pics of her and when the puppies show up.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 04:56:40 am »
Hi, I am just getting started in conformation.  Mt first show is at the end of sept.  My newf is only 6 months on Sept. 13.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 07:25:57 am »
Thanks for the huge welcome!!! Lots of very pretty animals on here and very friendly people at that.

We're now getting our supplies for the whelping box today so that will be fun, decided to build our own because I don't plan having another litter 3-4yrs from now.

I of course will have pics and lots of video to share. I am going to try enough hands on board for the birth to video tape each pups first breath. It will be fun deciding who stays and who goes. The stud owners are looking to get Pick female and I want pick male so it works out great for both parties.

I have a registered name picked out for my boy already as well a call name that could work for a boy or girl, if I end up with the off chance of an all bitch litter hehe.

Abstrax Maverick Halo - Call name Halo.. :) Its a good cross for both parents in the names I think. The female would be Abstrax Seraphic Halo if I keep a bitch instead.

Anyone into conformation??

Abstrax
Not into it yet but I plan to be when my children are a bit older...Right now I am researching & studying!...I also have an awesome mentor in Pippin's breeder.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 08:43:21 am »
Hi,

I am Jackie Wood Tanimara Great Pyrenees since 1986.  I already said hi but in reply to your note, yes, I am into conformation.  Im leaving the 14th to go to MD from here in MO to pick up not one but two new puppies!  Im so excited!

My granddaughter Cheyenne is going to get involved in showing.  She is 11 now.  Just got her Jr. handler's card for AKC events.  She'll probably end up beating me in the ring, and for her sake I hope so...LOL

She too is getting a new pup from one of these litters, so she will have a good dog to show, then we are going to combine our breeding program with those of Patorama out of MD.  Pups I am getting are out of Ch Tip'n Chip's Spirit Of Thornhill CDX RN, different moms but the same sire.  Dams are Ch Patorama Glimmer Of Hope, and Ch Patorama Tea And Crumpets.  Bower, the male is the top obedience dog in the US for Pyrs right now.  Glimmer and Tia, the moms, both have their conformation Championship.

My breeding philosophy and Pat's (Patorama) are the same.  We both belive that a dog that has it's championship should be able to do the job they were bred to do.  And that a guardian should be conformational ly correct.  That is our goal.  Her dogs are in with sheep, mine with goats to learn the trade so to speak.

You will have to email me off list if you like.
First photo is of the sire, call name Bower
The second is of Glimmer one of the moms.
Third is of Tia, the other mom.
Fourth photo is a close up of Bower.

Jackie tanimara@townsqr.com
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 08:48:26 am by tanimara »
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 01:19:00 pm »
Hi and welcome!  I have a Pyr too- Binky- as well as two Papillons, 2 cats and 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats.  Yours are beautiful and can't wait to see more pictures!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 01:40:59 pm »
Binky is so pretty.  She has that I love you look on her face in every picture I see of her.  She reminds me of my Snow.  Pretty girl.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 01:46:36 pm »
I'm hoping to get started in conformation with my rat terriers (the reason I got them was not only b/c they needed a good home, but was to get practice in the ring), although I'll be in UKC.

Although the way things are going right now, they'll be 2 before I even get started.  :P

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 01:57:35 pm »
Binky is so pretty.  She has that I love you look on her face in every picture I see of her.  She reminds me of my Snow.  Pretty girl.

Jackie

Thank you Jackie!  She really does have a lovey face doesn't she?
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 03:16:09 pm »
Hi,

I am Jackie Wood Tanimara Great Pyrenees since 1986.  I already said hi but in reply to your note, yes, I am into conformation.  Im leaving the 14th to go to MD from here in MO to pick up not one but two new puppies!  Im so excited!

My granddaughter Cheyenne is going to get involved in showing.  She is 11 now.  Just got her Jr. handler's card for AKC events.  She'll probably end up beating me in the ring, and for her sake I hope so...LOL

She too is getting a new pup from one of these litters, so she will have a good dog to show, then we are going to combine our breeding program with those of Patorama out of MD.  Pups I am getting are out of Ch Tip'n Chip's Spirit Of Thornhill CDX RN, different moms but the same sire.  Dams are Ch Patorama Glimmer Of Hope, and Ch Patorama Tea And Crumpets.  Bower, the male is the top obedience dog in the US for Pyrs right now.  Glimmer and Tia, the moms, both have their conformation Championship.

My breeding philosophy and Pat's (Patorama) are the same.  We both belive that a dog that has it's championship should be able to do the job they were bred to do.  And that a guardian should be conformational ly correct.  That is our goal.  Her dogs are in with sheep, mine with goats to learn the trade so to speak.

You will have to email me off list if you like.
First photo is of the sire, call name Bower
The second is of Glimmer one of the moms.
Third is of Tia, the other mom.
Fourth photo is a close up of Bower.

Jackie tanimara@townsqr.com

I can't get away from those gorgeous dogs (not that I'd want to ;D) no matter where I go!...This is killing me!...How long 'till my next Tanimara Pyr puppy again? :-\ ;) ;D

Offline jdumin

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Wolfie & Freddie: The New Puppy
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 10:35:09 am »
Hi, I'm Jenn, welcome to the board!  Sorry I'm late on the welcome.  We've got five furries in our family - Frederick and Charlotte are both 2 yr old all-white Pyrs (we've had Fred since he was 8 weeks, but Char only since May), Simon is a black and white cat, and Shorttail and Longtail are all black kittens.  Here's a few pictures.   ;D :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 10:35:50 am by jdumin »

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 11:39:35 am »
Hi I am Paige. I have 3 Pyrs, 3 Great Danes and a Newf/Mix. I have loved Pyrs since I was in High School but never had one until we moved out to the country about 2 years ago. My first male died at 16 mos from a heart defect. I then got Zoey, no papers and from guardian stock, Dakota was a 6 year old female that the family left and moved out of the house because of a divorce and Bella was going to be put to sleep because of a respiratory infection (she was at a shelter) I want a show Pyr so bad, but because of my rescue efforts with the Danes, its not even a possiblity at this time. I am thinking that when I am ready though, this is where I am going to start the quest for that baby.Then I am going to have to have help from the group on what to do next.
Welcome to one of the greatest web sites on the net.