Author Topic: Hello I am new to the board..  (Read 14871 times)

Offline Abstrax

• Gnawer
  • Abstrax Kennels
    • View Profile
Hello I am new to the board..
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:17:00 am »
First off I just want to say its nice to finally find an active board of Pyr lovers.

My name is Melissa and I have been dealing with Great Pyrenees for almost three years now confortmation and pet wise. I have one bitch right now, her name is Grace. She is a french style pyr and is soon to be a Mama and the founding stock bitch of my kennel (Abstrax Kennels). She was bred to a nice Summerhills boy, Summerhill LL Mr. Maverick. Gorgeous male, and he seems to compliment her faults as she does his. I couldn't have hoped for a better match. We're expecting pups at the last week of September, so I am extremely excited. And the best part is they will arrive a week after my birthday! ( Shameless promoting so shoot me lol.. I am an excited soon to be grandmum! ;) )

Have I had litter experience before? Yes earlier this year I assisted with a litter out of Am/Can Ch. Rivergroves Honor Among Thieves (Sterling) and a Nautika brood bitch named Penny, as well a litter out of BIS/BISS Ch. DieuDonne's Impyrial Acclaim (Yes, Fame.) and Am/Can CH Rivergroves Nautika Fleurdunor (Flurry). Quite a wonderful experience that was. The the Sterling and Penny litter was by far the best experience one could ever have in their first round. Penny ended up with an infection and had to be placed on meds, at the advice of the vet the pups were placed back on the mother. A couple fell ill and we lost one, but the rest from that point on her hand fed, there is nothing more precious than hand feeding a newborn Pyr.

Anywise, I am so happy to finally find an active group, I have been looking for sometime and it seems that most boards are active maybe once a month. I look forward to getting to know all of you and share a bunch of fun and sad stories. I will post some pics of my girl and stuff once I get the hang of the site heehee. And feel free to show me your furry kids!!!! I LOVE PICS!!!

Abstrax
Abstrax Kennels

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I am new to the board..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:30:42 am »
Welcome aboard....  There are lots of Pyr people here along with other LGD people, like myself

I own a 22mth male Central Asian Ovcharka Zero and a 15month old female Caucasian Ovcharka named Chara

Cant wait to see pics!!!

Chara

Zero

Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:31:11 am »
First, let me just say welcome to Big Paws Only! We have quite a few members that have Pyrs here. As much as I would love to have one, I don't for now! I'm Marissa, mom to Dolly a 15 month old Saint Bernard and Zoey a 17 month old Alaskan Malamute. I can't wait for pictures of your girl Gracie. She looks very pretty in your avatar. Here's a pic for you of my 2. Glad to have you here at Big Paws!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:33:43 am by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Abstrax

• Gnawer
  • Abstrax Kennels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:45:49 am »
OMG!!! FURRRRR BABBBBIEEESSS!!! They are adorable!!! Chara has such pretty colors, and Zero has a kissable face.. :D

I Love Saints, we have a nice male in our neighbor hood, he is sooo massive much like the Pyr males. Mals are breath taking they're eyes hold a story..

Free stack of my girl, this was the middle of august a couple weeks after being bred. Probably my best stack picture ever and of course she has to be out of coat lol.

Her and her Studly Man Summerhill LL. Mr. Maverick pictured on the right.

And here is something you don't see everyday, a Pyr who plays fetch let alone swims in the lake. :)

Mmm I luff her.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/kittiekins/?action=view&current=100_0184.flv

And a video of her movement for those with cable or better. :)

I look forward to see more pics of your guys babies!

Abstrax
Abstrax Kennels

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 08:54:05 am »
WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!  She is stunning!!!  Love the pic of her and her man...looks romantic!  LOL!

I'm Penny. Mom to my 8 month old, 121 lb, bundle-of-big-paw-joy, Teddy.  His latest pic is in my avatar but here's a decent head shot of him too.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:21 am »
Welcome! What a beautiful pyr you have! I'm Leah, and I am owned by two three year olds. Hutch is my Saint, and Abbey is my Husky/shep cross.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 09:11:27 am »
Hi and welcome to BPO. I have a 19 month old male Rotti and a almost 6 month old female Newf.  We are just getting ready for her first conformation show at the end of Sept.  I am excited and nervous.  I plan on showing her myself. 
This picture is of them last month.  Joy (newf) has already grown lots since then, she is almost as big as Tiny (rott).
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 09:21:39 am »
Welcome...I'm Chelle & my Pyrs are Samson, Pippin & Sheba...All out of long gaurding lines but very different...Sa mson is 2 & poorly bred but my heart dog...Pippin at almost 19 months comes out of some awesome lines & is Pyrfect in about every way...I often regret having him neutered but I wasn't ready for all of that...yet. ;D & Sheba is my rescue...She is 7 months old...You girl is gorgeous!...Lisa (DixieSugarBear) just got a pup out of Fame & I can't remeber her dam's name right now...The pup is just beautiful!...We will be adding a 4th Pyr to our family in approx. 2 & 1/2 yrs...She will be Pippin' half sister.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your pretty girl!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 09:29:29 am »
What a pretty girl Gracie is! Love her so much! We will need thousands of pictures of her puppies when the come of course!  :D
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 09:35:45 am »
Welcome to BPO :)
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:13 am »
Welcome aboard!! I'm April owned by an 18th month old great pyrenees named Kiah (K I ah). I understand the connection. Kiah was born the day after my birthday! She has a little sister named Kitana who is a mix, 3 cats, 2 bearded dragons, and a toddler to run around with. Oh can't forget the hubby and one on the way. Kiah is his dog! Someday I plan on getting a male pyr. 

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 10:36:44 am »
Welcome Melissa, prepare for an email box overload...LOL

Jackie Wood
Tanimara Great Pyrenees since 1986
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

kristi

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 10:59:01 am »
Welcome to BPO! :D
I'm Kristi & my boy is Sampson, an 8.5yr Bullmastiff.
Glad to have you here!
-k.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 11:20:29 am »
Howdy and welcome to BPO ! I'm owned by 3 dogs ( Newfie , Newfie/Border Collie cross , and a miniature Schnauzer ) , 10 Sugar Gliders , 3 Hedgehogs , an English Lop bunny , and two horses ( Whiskey is the one in my avatar) . Your pyr is gorgeous !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 12:17:59 pm »
Welcome Pyr Mom!!  I have a 3 (on 9/23) y.o female Pyr named Bo.  She is pure bread, but unfortunately of backyard breeders.  She's had some major health challenges, but overall she's the love of my life!  I share my bed with her, my husband, and our 2-ish lab/border collie rescue Floyd.  Glad to see another pyr lover here! =)
Jenn in California
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi