Author Topic: Do your Dogs eat Grass?  (Read 9121 times)

Offline Jason

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Do your Dogs eat Grass?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 02:04:13 am »
Oreo eats grass too. Sometimes he goes at it like he hasn't had a meal in weeks. If I catch him eating it like that, he stays out until it comes back up. Most of the time he just grabs a little bit and that's it.

Jason

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 04:13:00 am »
Blu and Ellie are like two grazing bovines.... they love to nosh on grass... and rarely throw it up... in fact I can tell when Ellie's tummy is bothering her because she will eat grass with such an added fury, but mostly she and Blu just enjoy their daily grass intake... it must taste yummy to them... And I figure all that chlorophyll is an added bonus that helps keep their breath fresh.  :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:16:22 am by EllieAndBlu »

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 06:29:12 am »
Cabeza eats grass all the time. He never ever ever throws up. Actually...I don't know if I have ever seen this dog throw up in 7 years..hmm...I think that he just likes it.

My American bully/Pitty, Bo used to eat grass like it was all going to die. He loved the stuff. Never threw it up, either. It often came out in his poop.

I think I'll try the smoothie idea, Rebekah! That sounds awesome!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 07:31:52 am »
YES!  only when they're not feeling good though.  Lady when she's sick will go outside and just rip up mouthfuls of grass till she pukes.  Grace grazes too when she's sick.  when they're feeling ok they prefer dirt and sticks and other yucky things.

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 07:47:54 am »
Yes, frequently. Sometimes they vomit after, other times they just seem to want to do it. I just make sure to give them plenty of time to vomit if they need to. :P My pups eat almost anything they can get close to, so I wasn't particularly concerned. I was surprised, however, when Bear pooped paper towels last week. I have no idea where he gets them!  ::) 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:48:24 am by jennifer »
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)