Author Topic: Didn't you know there is no such thing as a half-mask Saint? *Rant*  (Read 14269 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't you know there is no such thing as a half-mask Saint? *Rant*
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 06:48:56 am »
Poor Lola!! She's beautiful with her half mask. When I tell people what Kiah is they say oh I have a friend who has a black one.

We have a black pyr....you mean the breeder lied to us and told us she was a newf  :o  hahahaha.  I always think I've heard them all until someone else comes up with another weird breed combo.  I mean someone thought Kali was a mastiff this week ???
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 11:18:14 am »
They would really be corn-fused by LMT's Saint, Adicus, with the wicked-cool freckles on his face (and NO mask) and the afro hairdo!

Whoa! You mean... Adi isn't a SHEEPDOG? Because that's what a few know-it-alls have told me!

A lot of people are thrown off by Adi's face markings. Most simply ask what kind of dog he is. Many also imply that he's a mix. When I tell them, nope, he's 100%, they kinda shut up but there's a look of disbelief!

I have to admit that before I got a Saint and before I joined this board, I didn't know about short haired Saints... However, I wouldn't ever try and correct an owner when they told me what breed their dog is! These people are lacking brain cells.

Lola's half mask is sexy. Bubba must fight off the boys for her...
lmt.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 04:16:12 pm »
Lola's beautiful!  She's so gorgeous that she made me consider owning a saint one day in the future.

I know how you feel.  A lot of people do not think that danes come in black. ???? ???  I've had people ask me if she was a lab mix.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 05:10:23 pm »
My danes are mostly white, one about 75% and the other about 98% and have bluish colored eyes...kinda funky if you're not used to them.  Almost everyone asks,  :o"What are they?" or "Are they blind?".  I say that they're danes and no, they are not blind, but they are deaf.  Alot of people think that they are albinos. 
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 01:26:31 am »
People generally know that Teddy is a saint, but I often get asked "Will his coat will grow back after being shaved like that?".  Or the tell me he MUST be a mix because of his coat length.  Man.....some people!

I personally LOVE the half masks!  I wanted a "Lola" so badly before we got Teddy. 

LMT:  You better tell Adi that he might have some competition!  Teddy isn't just going to roll over and let you have all the Lola love!  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 02:03:43 am »
LOL! Now now boys no need to fight, there is lots of Lola love to go around. :D ;)

PennyK, We get the shaved question too, mainly asking why I would shave them. ::) And when Lola had that bad tear stain on the eye with no mask I kept getting asked if she had an eye infection and if I'd taken her to the vet for it. ::) Luckily the tear stain cleared up on it's own for the most part (I think it was the food change)because people were driving me nutty. They would give me a look of disgust when I said no she hasen't been to the vet it's a tear stain.

LMT, Well Adi is just the cutest sheepdog ever! :D

It's amazing how ignorant and uninformed some people can be. I can't knock them all though since I have met some super nice people. And I have discovered that Lola loves little old men.. the more wrinkles the better. LOL

Edited to add a fairly recent pic of Lola nice and clean after having a bath. I need to take some new pics.. she's catching up to Bubba height wise.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 02:07:31 am by Lyn »

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 02:24:31 am »
Must be some hound in that girl too.....cause of those ears!  LOL!

Sorry Lola!  Just teasing in fun! ;)
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 02:29:21 am »
OOOH I forgot all about hound.. I've been told she's a Saint/hound mix too. And Bubba is a Saint/Dane mix, that's why he has long legs and short hair.  :D

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 04:21:53 am »
People are always telling me what Laika really is. My neighbor is CONVINCED she's a pit/shar-pei mix. I just can't seem to convince her otherwise. A lot of people think she's a weimareiner (sp?)/mastiff mix, or something like that. Mostly, though, I get told that she's a pit mix and I better watch out because one day she'll turn on me.
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

rickysmom1

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 06:40:04 am »
People are always telling me what Laika really is. My neighbor is CONVINCED she's a pit/shar-pei mix. I just can't seem to convince her otherwise. A lot of people think she's a weimareiner (sp?)/mastiff mix, or something like that. Mostly, though, I get told that she's a pit mix and I better watch out because one day she'll turn on me.

Our nosey neighbor is convinced Willow is a HUGE pit bull and she's going to kill my nephew. She says this as she sees my nephew laying on Willow in the front yard like she's a pillow and Willow just lays there snoring away. Yeah Willow is sooooooooo dangerous. LOL

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 01:03:58 am »
lola is a sweethears...m ack actually asked me to ask you if she wants to go on a date with him :D i promise hes a perfect gentleman!!

Ive never seen another saint here where i live(although everytime i go to the pet store they tell me there is another puppy saint in town called max)

for the most part i find people know what he is, but the thing that makes me sooooo mad is they ask his name and i say "mack" and they call him max....grrrr not max!! mack!! but  its not major.

next time someone askes you about her half mask...tell them you accidently washed off half in the tub, but it will grow back in like  a week. ;D
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Lyn

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 03:40:53 am »
Lola is a little tease. She might be too much for sweet Mack to handle. LOL  :D

I have another grrr rant now to tell. We had an older lady yesterday outside the grocery store trying to ram Lola with her cart because Lola was standing too close to her. >:( Niiiiice ::) Hubby tapped me on the shoulder so I turned around saw her moving the cart towards Lola, grabbed it before it hit her and said "Excuse me, don't you DARE hit my dog with your cart"  >:( She turned around and left without saying a word.. It's not like we walked up to her. We were standing there for about 5 minutes and she came out of the gorcery store and pushed her cart up beside us. Wow some people.

Well it's just getting better and better. :( That's the first time I've had anyone do anything like that. If their not a dog person they go around us. Plus Lola won't just approach anyone unless they get down to her level. So it's not like Lola was mauling this lady. Geez.. people never cease to amaze me.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:42:11 am by Lyn »

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 03:48:30 am »
Oh my...you should've pushed the cart back at her. Or at least made a bigger scene so EVERYONE could see what a b***h she is!!!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 04:19:41 am »
WOW!!  What a nasty piece of work!  It's lucky that Lola didn't growl at her!  The old lady deserved it!!! >:(

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 05:50:28 am »
ok, so i'm a little late, but i just had to put in about axle!  we went out the other night, and had a woman come up and ask if he was neutered, because she had a female that would make "gorgeous" purebred pups with!  when i said he was nipped, she seemed disappointed, but i thought maybe she had an akita litter on the way!  come to find out, this "breeder" was wanting a male to breed her HUSKY to... some breeder, come on, axle's far from a husky, just look at his face!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]