Author Topic: puppy tooth?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
puppy tooth?
« on: September 10, 2006, 01:15:09 pm »
most of macks milk teeth have come out already...but there's one(on the bottom one of the big pointy teeth) hasn't fallen out, but the new tooth has grown in around it and sorta pushed it outta the way. the puppy tooth is sort of a browny colour and it looks like the gums around it are a bit swollen. Also under his tongue on the side that the tooth is on, is sort of a darker colour. I'm not sure if this is due to the tooth, because hes got dark splotches all over his otherwise pink mouth. 

What should I do about this tooth? I'm trying to get a picture of it but ill have to wait till hes sleeping!!
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: puppy tooth?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 01:29:51 pm »
is there anything i can do for him at home? i wiggle it when hes sleeping lol nd i bought him new bones to chew on hopefully he can get it out on his own
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 01:30:14 pm »
My dog Mokey went through that exact same thing when her adult canines were coming in. She just looked like she had way too many teeth in her mouth! :o Then the baby teeth finally just came out one day, on their own.

I have heard of some puppy teeth being impacted and having to be removed by a veterinarian. But unless your pup seems to be bothered by it, I'd give it another week and see if it doesn't fall out. Meanwhile maybe give him lots of different stuff to chew on.

Good luck! ;D

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 01:38:47 pm »
yes if i can get it out without a trip to the vet it would be awesome!!

i just wanna say thank you to everyone on here, whenever i have a big paw problem you all are so quick to help out. Mack and I thank you!!