Author Topic: Anyone in the Northeast looking to add a dog to their family?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Anyone in the Northeast looking to add a dog to their family?
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:34:14 am »
I know that its a long shot, but I figured that I'd post here.  As many of you know, my mom was having lots of problems and now she is in a long term care residence.  I took her dog in while we were trying to get everything settled, but she can't stay here permanently since she has issues with other alpha females(of which I have 2.  Kida and Zeo....)

Her name is Wiggles(don't look at me, I didn't name her) and she is an 8yr old chow/shepherd mix.  She is UTD on her shots, she's spayed and is housebroken(and crate trained if needed).  Wiggles was raised with kids and cats, but seems to be very interested in new cats. 

She still likes to play with toys, but mostly lays around all day if you're not interacting with her.  We've cut back on her food a little since she was very pudgy when she came here.  I can groom(brush, comb) her and clip her nails with no problems whatsoever.  She also is used to going to the groomers to get buzzed since my mom didn't like brushing her. 

Wiggles is a bit headstrong on leash, but walks well with a Halti or a Prong collar.  I have her offleash in the fields and she stays with me and the pack.  If she starts to wander a bit, I'll whistle or call to her and she'll meander back over to us. 

I really think she would be great if she was the only dog.  She listens when you tell her "quiet" or "leave it", she'll "go lay down" and she is really good at leaving food and garbage alone(better than my crew!  lol).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:05:35 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in the Northeast looking to add a dog to their family?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:43:02 am »
I have an alpha female.  Sorry
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:31:11 am »
Awww...Moni! I wish I could. Good luck. I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 06:45:55 am »
aww! i wish we could, but we live in my parents summer cottage and i was warned to not even foster another dog :(
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!