Author Topic: Names- We need some names  (Read 2197 times)

bigdogs@5501

Names- We need some names
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:32:30 am »
MSF, Please tell me what you want me to start calling the male. I am happy to report he is WONDERFUL!! And he has no feelings towards cats, at all. He is a bit of a picky eater and prefers to be hand fed. I will take more pics today to post for you. We spent the evening last nite cleaning out his ears ( horrible ) and he had some ticks, and he got a bath. He did not fight us one bit on any of this that we were putting him thru. His ears are irritated now- and we are treating him for an ear infection.

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
Re: Names- We need some names
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 01:49:27 am »
You are such an angel!!  Let me thank you for the poochies for all the work you are doing.  And Jake, hang in there buddy, your mom's doing awesome work and you'll have her back in no time!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 02:21:59 am »
Also, we are going to have to find a perfect home for the little lady- so if anyone is interested- let me know. I know that the people in this group understand the big dogs and thier needs which is important. She is such a loving dog. She has a big week ahead of her this week - but when all is said and done - she should be feeling better. And she is going to know that she is loved.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:29:09 am »
I'm not sure why, but I'm liking the name Lizzie for the female Dane. Don't ask me where that came from though! I have no idea!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:47:40 am »
Well, when you said that the male dane prefers being hand-fed, I immediately thought of Caesar and how all the movies portray him being hand-fed grapes by his wenches!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 12:05:03 pm »
Ok, I've got names!

For the boy, Coltrane! And that's not for any other reason besides I have always wanted to name somebody Coltrane! ;)

For the girl, Milla! Cause she's thin and beautiful, and surely someday will be a stunning movie star of a dog! :D

;D ;D ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 12:40:22 pm »
Here's my list and I went with German names mainly because I like these.

Regenwald - Rainforest
Backenbart - Whiskers
Kitz - Fawn
Doebel - Chub
Oberherr - Overlord
Grundherr - Lord of the manor
Schnaps - Booze
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 07:29:09 am »
naming our babies is so fun!!!
I like Ceaser and Grundherr for that special boy who likes to be pampered. 
i'd suggest the names i use for my hubby (who also likes to be pampered in an annoying sort of way) but they aren't appropriate for reading here. :)

i always liked Grady for a boy's name.  plain and not so imaginative i know...but it's cute

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 11:13:14 am »
A friend of mine who was instrumental in getting her out of the shelter is named Anne, so we have decided to name the girl Annie.