Author Topic: Please wish Miss Sadie God Speed...update she's gone...  (Read 12851 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Please wish Miss Sadie God Speed...update she's gone...
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:35:38 am »
My uncle's elderly mix dog, Sadie will be going to The Bridge today...Her arthritas is so bad she is having days that she can't get up can no longer hold her bowels  bladder at night...It is time to say goodbye. :'( ...Since we  moved to Dyersville  yrs. ago Sadie has been a frequent visitor to our home  she spent alot of time here when my aunt and uncle made trips to Chicago and New York...She has always been Sam's good friend and she tolerated Pippin though he irritated the heck out of her...Rosie hated her but I know she will welcome Sadie at The Bridge...She only met Sheba on her recent stay here and seemed to like her but at that point she was pretty uncomfortable  slept alot.
My uncle is not going to be there when Sadie is euthanised so I asked him if I could...I don't feel she should leave this world without someone there who loved her...She spent  yrs. as a faithful companion and she deserves it...I am waiting for the vet to call back to see if I will even be allowed...Priv acy and all....GGGGRRR RRRRRRRRRRRR. >:(
Anyway, if you'll all send a kind and warm thought for Miss Sadie Lady as my dh calls her I'd appreciate it...We love her and I know she loves us...It is a sad day.

The vet did allow me to come to be with Sadie while she was helped on to The Bridge...This is the vet I just left for various reasons so he wasn't very nice but he did allow me to be there and was professional about it...I thanked him for letting me come...I found out my uncle couldn't be there as he had prior commitments out of town and did notwant to leave Sadie, in the shape she's been in,with his wife to care for...Today Sadie was having a good day...So, she got to go to my uncle's place of business,where she spent most of her days, to everyone  so they could say goodbye to her...Sadie passed with her head in my hands while I petted her and told her all the good she had brought to my uncle's life, my life, and all the guys at the shop too...I told her she was an awesome dog and that she'd be missed...I will miss her...Thanks guys for being here for Sadie, my uncle, and myself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:20:26 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Kiahpyr

Re: Please wish Miss Sadie God Speed...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:40:51 am »
I'm so sorry! :'( I'm sure Sadie will feel much better at the bridge. She'll be running free from pain just like a puppy.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 03:42:10 am »
awwwww Chelle, I am sorry to hear about Miss Sadie! She was loved and cherished here on earth and will be free from suffering when she journeys to the Rainbow Bridge. I hope the vet will allow you to be with her today... I am sure your Uncle would appreciate it.... I commend and admire your unconditional love for others!

RIP sweet Miss Sadie!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:09:44 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 04:43:54 am »
God speed Miss Sadie.  May you run and play soon.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 04:52:38 am »
Here's to Rosie waiting and wagging her tail slowly to greet you and to receive all the news of home.  God's speed, Miss Sadie!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 05:08:13 am »
I'm very sorry about Miss Sadie; she certainly looks like a sweet and loving doggie.  I hope the vet lets you stay with her - it is wonderful of you to offer. 

Miss Sadie - say Hi to all of our loving friends tell them we think of them often and are longing to see them again.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:51:40 am »
We are very sorry to hear of your news.  Sending you extra hugs and good thoughts from Jersey. 

God Speed Miss Sadie!

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

GR8DAME

Re: Please wish Miss Sadie God Speed...update she's gone...
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 07:22:22 am »
Good thoughts go with Miss Sadie, and <<hugs>> for the special lady that saw her lovingly to her next destination.
Stella
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:22:52 am by GR8DAME »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 08:01:23 am »
Aww I'm sorry, she is such a beautiful girl. You can see the love in her eye's.  :'( I'm sure Dilbert will welcome her with open paws.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 08:08:10 am »
Good thoughts go with Miss Sadie, and <<hugs>> for the special lady that saw her lovingly to her next destination.
Stella
Thanks Stella and all :-* My uncle will pickup Sadie's earthly body on Monday and bury here on their land where they used to walk together...He wasn't sure if he would do this and asked my thoughts on it...I told him she was his faithful companion for all those yrs. and she deserved a special resting place to show his love,respect and appreciation for her...I also told him that I believe it really helps to gather closure for us who they leave behind.
It is a sad day  but Sadie's life truly was full and so many people cared about her...My own father works for my uncle and, until several months ago,when Sadie was no longer comfortable enough to go along, he took her in the truck with him every day on his route...To her him speak of Miss Sadie you'd think that dog was smarter than his own grandkids ::) lol...Sadie really loved my dad  he adored her...When she could no longer ride along, honestly, I think that is when things started to really go downhill for her...She lived for those rides so I'd go up  get her and bring her down her or take her for a burger sometimes...Sh e really did have a good life. :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 09:00:50 am »
You are so wonderful for having taken that job from your Uncle.  Sadie deserved to know she was loved...adored right to the very last and beyond!

Thanks from Sadie!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 11:11:44 am »
Sadie, you will be missed sweet girl.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 01:30:52 pm »
Thanks Moonlit and Newflvr :-*...You guys are all so nice for your kind words and thoughts for Miss Sadie...The world is a little colder without her but I know Rainbow Bridge rejoices to have such a special girl there.

Sadie was basically rescued out of the trunk of a car by my uncle and aunt when she was a wee little pup...Probably no more than 6weeks old...I will tell the whole story tomorrow if I feel better...For now, though the bad pain has let up some, this ear infection is still kicking my butt. :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:31:43 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 02:03:05 pm »
WOW!  I'm so sorry you are still in pain!  Aren't the antibiotics working?  I would have thought you'd be much better by now!

Rest up....you deserve it!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 02:35:09 pm »
WOW!  I'm so sorry you are still in pain!  Aren't the antibiotics working?  I would have thought you'd be much better by now!

Rest up....you deserve it!
They finally started working last night  the really bad pain let up but I am still in pain...It's down to about a five on a scale of one to ten instead of a nine or ten... the ear is oozing pus flecked with blood...Sorry to be so graphic but I can't think of a nice way to say blood  pus...lol