Author Topic: Has anyone done any obedience competition work???  (Read 5596 times)

Offline Mackeba

• Gnawer
  • Brie my ever loving shadow!!
    • View Profile
Has anyone done any obedience competition work???
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:03:39 pm »
First I would like to say a big YAHOOO!!! and CONGRATULATION S!! To my Dobie girls,Luna finished her basic obedience  we are now on to training for her C.G.C...Brie just passed her C.G.C. test today and we were strongly encouraged to pursue Competition level Obedience,I am so proud of them both!!...I have signed us up for another level of obedience training but I was wondering if anyone out there has any first hand knowledge??

Sheree

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone done any obedience competition work???
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 02:57:49 pm »
Mackeba, I did quite a bit of obedience competition with a GS I had. It was fun, It really started because to be int. champ. after swedish rules, a working dog has to not only be an int. champ in conformation showing, but have certain points in obedience competition too. well you can choose other working ways, but we did the obedience.

He did well, and I think it was actually way more fun than the conformation showing, and therefor we did more than we had to just to get his championship. Most people I met there were so helpful and not at all the way you unfortunately sometimes see when you conform. show.

If I were you I would absolutely give it a shot, I think you'll find it a bunch of fun.

Let me know how things goes and what you decide to do. And a bit hurray woohoooo for both Luna and Brie

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Mackeba

• Gnawer
  • Brie my ever loving shadow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:23:40 pm »
Thanks Marit!! I absolutely love working with my girls and I think it shows I must have looked like a nut Whooping it after my girls passed today,I was so happy for them and they just ate it up of course...I am looking forward to what the future may hold for us I plan on doing as much as my girls enjoy doing....Here we come obedience world!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 04:53:11 pm »
You go girls, please keep us updated on how you all do, I will keep my fingers and paws crossed.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 10:40:44 pm »
I have a Pyr...What's obidience?...lol...Great going for your dogs though!